Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectKevin Smith is the hands down worst big-name director in Hollywood
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=54066&mesg_id=54196
54196, Kevin Smith is the hands down worst big-name director in Hollywood
Posted by Big Chief Rumbletummy, Wed Nov-07-07 06:20 PM

Great writer. Most boring director on the planet. If you ever need proof watch the last 20 minutes of Dogma. Dammit that movie could of been one of the all-time greats if it had a director with the even a slightly creative eye.

I go back and forth on Ridley Scott. And lets just clear this up right now...GLADIATOR IS THE WORST FILM TO EVER WIN BEST PICTURE EVER. Its just technically awful. there are battle scenes cut together so that they are impossible. this is not an example of a "good ridley scott film".
But then he goes and makes Kingdom of Heaven and I'm forced to reevaluate.

I also hate the comedy A-Listers: Tom Shadyac, Steve Odekirk, Tom Holland...you know those guys who get credited as "the director of Austin Powers 2!!" or "the director of Liar, Liar"...as if they did anything aside from pointing the camera and turning it on. They get 5 takes of Mike Meyers, Jim Carrey, Eddie Murphy, etc. improvising and then the comedian sits in the editing booth and tells them which takes to use.