Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectYeah, twas a good one.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=54035&mesg_id=54045
54045, Yeah, twas a good one.
Posted by genius.switch, Mon Jun-11-07 08:16 PM
Going back over my S1 list, I feel like that may still be the strongest, though, as I wrote in my org. post, the political storylines were handled better here. That being said, it's definitely stronger than S2, maybe even purchase worthy (especially with sales going on).

>the best closing musical montage of the four seasons

I don't know. The Jesse Winchester Step By Step track--which I'm still looking for by the way--that covered everything from McNulty on the docks to Santangelo back on a foot beat to random drug sales everywhere to Omar's return is pretty unbeatable. Maybe that also has something to do with the fact that I wasn't expecting such a "wrap-up" either.

>>20.A LIFE (EPISODE 9: SLAPSTICK)
>>Lester to McNulty: "The job will not save you."
>
>I loved this scene...to me it's the best summation of Jimmy
>McNulty and the flaws that make him great/ruin him

Right . . . McNulty tried to crack on Lester's dollhouses, but that was really more than Jimmy had.

>great list, although any list on S3 has has to include Chris
>Partlow's drive-by on Avon (unless I missed it)

That whole transaction--all three scenes total--were great.

First, I think it was Bernard's (cell phone buyer) girl that was with Devonne at the bar. That was a smart little clue to the audience that shit was a fix from the start. From there, you see how cautious Marlo was, as he hooked up with Devonne but only in the back of a SUV with his man lurking just feet away.

Then, as you say, you had little dude playing spy at the restaurant spot as Avon's cover is blown. (Surprising that Avon accompanied them on the would-be set-up.)

Finally, Devonne's gunned down, as Marlo leaves a bullet in each breast, then finished with one in her mouth. I guess that was the most shocking and visually interesting scene to me, particularly with the smoke from the gunshot rising up, so I chose it to represent all the related action.

>I think Partlow had ten lines all season...but his nods and
>shit came off so fucking cold, like he was the grim reaper
>himself

Yeah, and I don't know if the actor couldn't grow a proper beard, but those patches he had on his face added character.