Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Better Career: M. Night Dogg or Tarantino?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=53847&mesg_id=53920
53920, RE: Better Career: M. Night Dogg or Tarantino?
Posted by hotsauce1132, Thu Apr-12-07 01:46 AM
this is a hard comparison to make but i don't see how m night would even be considered remotely better then tarantino. m. night's first(well first that put him on the map) the sixth sense although its a good movie is not better then reservoir dogs. his second unbreakable another decent effort can't touch pulp fiction. m night's third signs was good for what it was and tarantino's jackie brown was decent the two are pretty difficult to compare so i'll leave that up to you guys, up next was the village which i thought was absolutely terrible then tarantino had kill bill no contest there. and i didn't even bother watching lady in the water so i won't comment on that. shyamalan's problem is that he's trying too hard to please his audience and it's been back firing on him, both him and tarantino have had success pretty early on but tarantino is out making movies that he wants to make and that he finds entertaining he doesn't really care about what anyone else wants to see while shyamalan is trying to please viewers.