Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectsee, now was that so fucking hard?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=53847&mesg_id=53907
53907, see, now was that so fucking hard?
Posted by 40thStreetBlack, Fri Apr-20-07 05:31 PM
>ok, basically i think it's rude to say 'do you even know what
>the film's about??' (implying that I don't hence my seeing
>things differently) and then expecting me to prove i know what
>you're thinking. it makes it more of an intellectual pissing
>contest than an actual discussion. the logical way to start is
>say 'the film is really about ______ and so ______ doesn't
>matter because _______'. i'm dissappointed in you for not
>doing this

and I think it's rude when you ask someone a direct question and they keep avoiding it by throwing it back at you. and I didn't start off by saying "do you even know what the film is about", I responded to your question about "don't you think he realized all this already" with saying that's not what the movie was really all about, and he was more concerned with dealing w/ issues relating to the central theme of the film rather than worrying about all those nagging little plot details. THAT was an actual discussion right there.

And you responded by ignoring my point & incomprehensibly going on and on about crop circles (which is odd since you apparently knew exactly what I was talking about), and turned it into an intellectual pissing contest by throwing my rather simple & direct question back at me and saying you knew the answer but were not going to say what it was.

and I could give a damn with you being disappointed in anything I do, so spare me the fucking condescension.

>i take it you're going to say the film is about faith, how the
>main character lost his faith but regained it when he saw
>everything come together in a moment of crisis
>
>c.f. '*enlighten* me'
>
>your turn

exactly. so why the fuck did you keep going and on about crop circles for? that's the plot of the movie, not the theme.

so to restate my point, I think Manoj was more concerned with dealing w/ issues relating to the central theme of faith rather than worrying about all those nagging little plot details, which is why I think he didn't really care too much if said details didn't make any sense even for an alien invasion movie.

now explain to me why he made those details so absurdly nonsensical if he cared so much about them again? cuz you never gave an explanation that makes much sense of it.

go ahead, ball's in your court now.