Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subject(Part 13)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=53496&mesg_id=53509
53509, (Part 13)
Posted by ZooTown74, Mon Sep-10-07 02:13 PM
>HR: Andre and Chad, uh, Bubbs and Cutty are two characters that, uh, achieve some sort of redemption in their lives. What do you draw on to play these characters?

AR: Well, for me, you know, I got real nervous, uh, playing a junkie and being cliché, or making it into just this, uh, funny kind of character, uh, so to speak. And when I went out and did the research, and just thought about myself living in New York City, there’s a lot of people growing up in New York that we see out there that are homeless or that are just down and out, and we kinda overlook them, we kinda pass them, you know, to the side and not be bothered by them. And when I became this character, you know, I got a sense, or when I talked to, you know, people that were like this character, that people had forgotten that they were human beings, you know, that… regular people who have a passion or have, you know, problems, who have, you know, the same thing that we all have. We’re all addicted to something, in some form or another. So, I really wanted to make sure that, no matter what Bubbles was doing, uh, in the scene, he was doing it from a sincere, human point of view. And, um, I think for a lot of people it just caught on where the guilt of people ignoring the people they see in the street? They root for Bubbles to make it, or to just, you know, live day-by-day and hopefully, one day, you know, find peace within himself. And so that worked out for me, with my character.

CC: Well, initially, (to DS and EB) you guys said I was going to be like, the moral conscience of the show, you know. But I… I just… I just thought it was extremely important to have the represen… to have that type of representation. Uh, it’s so many in our community (who) are struggling to try not to go on the wrong path. Um, the idea of redemption, the idea every one of us in some way, shape or form needing a second chance, you know, resonated to me. Uh, so many times in my life, if someone hadn’t gave me another opportunity, I… I could have definitely gone down a different path. Or if someone who just… people who just decided that I was just this, you know, if you will, a foster kid, you know, no parents, abandoned, uh, you know, this foster kid with no hope, then… you know, I could have ended up in a very… on a very different path. The idea of representing hope, not in some hokey, weird way. We all need it. Um, those are the type of things that I… that kinda resonated with me. Uh, just so many people I run into, it’s their story. They really have, you know, come out of, uh, you know, that life and incarceration and are struggling hard to try and uh, do the right thing and stay on the right path.

HR: Does religion have anything to do with it?

CC: That’s for each and every person to decide for themselves, you know? I… I wouldn’t make a, um… that was tough… yeah, I’m pretty sure how… however that manifests itself for each individual, you know, in spirit.
damn
arms
race