Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectif i may add on to this convo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=51864&mesg_id=51948
51948, if i may add on to this convo
Posted by thegodcam, Sun Jun-11-06 11:21 PM
i think the logic that elijah wanted malcom out so that malcolm wouldn't take control of the N.O.I. is highly flawed imo... because if u know and understand n.o.i. theology, the mere fact that u r a member of the nation implies that u recognize elijah as the messenger of allah... therefore, as long as he lived, no one could ever be above him... 2nd point that ppl also overlook all the time is the actual growth of the N.O.I. AFTER malcolm's death... their ranks grew and they kept buildin a multimillion empire... whereas malcolm's creation, the O.A.A.U and his Muslim Mosque Inc were near obsolete... that too me is a testament to the efficiency of the leadership of elijah... that being said, it is obvious that muslims played a significant role in the assasination of malcolm but for us in 2006 2 go back and forth about this when malcolm's widow and farrakahn squashed the beef about 10 years ago, i think it's getting a lil trivial... nevertheless conversation is always good... and yes, spike's movie was good overall...