Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Here we go...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=51864&mesg_id=51931
51931, RE: Here we go...
Posted by Nettrice, Wed Jun-07-06 11:58 PM
>E.M.'s health had been an issue for a long time but it didn't
>stop him from commanding his position as leader of the N.O.I.

I mentioned above that one of my mentors was in the NOI and left when Shabazz was murdered. By that time Muhammad was a figurehead and, yes, you can whittle to nothing in 10 years or more. I've seen that firsthand.

>The people who pulled the trigger WERE Black and I never said
>that they were not. But I'ma let you in on a secret sis.
>*leans closer* You listening? *whisper begins* The FBI
>recruits and hires Black people to obtain information from
>Black people and to disrupt positive, progressive activities
>of Black organizations. *whisper ends*

No need to whisper. I already mentioned COINTELPRO.

>So yes, Black people were the puppets that were seen pulling
>the trigger, but who was the puppeteer?

So are you denying that some of the assassins were not from No. 25?

>Note: initially, it was reported that 5 men were
>involved in Malcolm's assassination, but only 3 stood trial
>and out of thos 3, only one had anything to do with the
>assassination. What do you think of that?

Like a witness protection program it was part of the deal.

>In the mean time, you can chew on the links below to tide you
>over until you get a hold of the above referenced literature:
>
>http://www.leftgatekeepers.com/articles/WhoEliminatedMalcolmXByBobFeldman.htm
>
>http://partners.nytimes.com/library/film/022193lee-malcolm-book.html

Well, here's a couple for you:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/71838.stm

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/9929,noel,7168,5.html

Very fishy.

>Well, that's fine; but honestly Malcolm didn't fully know at
>the time how heavy he was being watched nor did he understand
>the extent to which the imperialist forces were making moves
>on him.

I disagree. He KNEW. Even Betty Shabazz knew.

>Maybe so; hell, probably so. But to what extent this
>courruption was prevealent and manifesting itself is the
>question.

My mentor was a teenager in the NOI at the time of Shabazz' death. He claims even he knew what was up and that was why he left. He showed me documents to prove his case, too.

>Honestly, Malcolm didn't "chose to leave the NOI", he was put
>out or should I say constructively removed from the
>orgainzation.

Shabazz was silenced for a time but not put out. He left because I do believe he knew he was destined to take the cause to the global stage...and he became aware of corruption within the NOI.

>I don't know what this "true Muslim" talk is about. What
>makes what some damn Arabs have more valid than the means of
>religious expression that Black people have?

From http://www.colostate.edu/Orgs/MSA/find_more/m_x.html:

"On March 12, 1964, impelled by internal jealousy within the Nation of Islam and revelations of Elijah Muhammad's sexual immorality, Malcolm left the Nation of Islam with the intention of starting his own organization:

I feel like a man who has been asleep somewhat and under someone else's control. I feel what I'm thinking and saying now is for myself. Before, it was for and by guidance of another, now I think with my own mind.

Malcolm was thirty-eight years old when he left Elijah Muhammad's Nation of Islam. Reflecting on reflects that occurred prior to leaving, he said:

At one or another college or university, usually in the informal gatherings after I had spoken, perhaps a dozen generally white-complexioned people would come up to me, identifying themselves as Arabian, Middle Eastern or North African Muslims who happened to be visiting, studying, or living in the United States. They had said to me that, my white-indicting statements notwithstanding, they felt I was sincere in considering myself a Muslim -- and they felt if I was exposed to what they always called "true Islam," I would "understand it, and embrace it." Automatically, as a follower of Elijah, I had bridled whenever this was said. But in the privacy of my own thoughts after several of these experiences, I did question myself: if one was sincere in professing a religion, why should he balk at broadening his knowledge of that religion?

Those orthodox Muslims whom I had met, one after another, had urged me to meet and talk with a Dr. Mahmoud Youssef Shawarbi. . . . Then one day Dr. Shawarbi and I were introduced by a newspaperman. He was cordial. He said he had followed me in the press; I said I had been told of him, and we talked for fifteen or twenty minutes. We both had to leave to make appointments we had, when he dropped on me something whose logic never would get out of my head. He said, "No man has believed perfectly until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself."

"The pilgrimage to Mecca, known as the Hajj, is a religious obligation that every orthodox Muslim fulfills, if able, at least once in his or her lifetime.

The Holy Quran says it, "Pilgrimage to the House is a duty men owe to God; those who are able, make the journey." (3: 97)

Allah said: "And proclaim the pilgrimage among men; they will come to you on foot and upon each lean camel, they will come from every deep ravine" (22:27).

Every one of the thousands at the airport, about to leave for Jeddah, was dressed this way. You could be a king or a peasant and no on e would know. Some powerful personages, who were discreetly pointed out to me, had on the same thing I had on. Once thus dressed, we all had begun intermittently calling out "Labbayka! (Allahumma) Labbayka!" (Here I come, O Lord!) Packed in the plane were white, black, brown, red, and yellow people, blue eyes and blond hair, and my kinky red hair -- all together, brothers! All honoring the same God, all in turn giving equal honor to each other. . . ."

Thus true Muslims take the pilgrimage to Mecca, according to the Quran and meet in fellowship with other Musilms there to practice the rituals detailed in the Holy Book.