Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI think you've been blinded by a bias
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=51509&mesg_id=51533
51533, I think you've been blinded by a bias
Posted by jigga, Tue Mar-06-07 03:42 PM
>i thought he sucked in that. ill give you LA confidential. he
>was okay. but with that kind of direction anyone woulda killed
>it.

^^^Pleas copped & totally false

personally i think hugh jackman is a far better actor than
>crowe.

Hugh's showing his chops recently in films like The Prestige & The Fountain. He's come a loooooooooooong way from Swordfish. And yes he plays Wolverine to a T but he aint reached Crowe's level yet.

>actually on second thought he wasnt that great in LA
>confidential.

On 3rd thought go watch it again & put the bias aside.

imagine what say daniel day lewis woulda done
>with that movie(not that he would ever be in that movie). shit
>i even think bruce willis woulda done a better job.

You're trippin if you feel there was any need to replace Crowe w/ any other actor as Bud White. I try to imagine Hugh, Daniel Day Lewis, or Bruce Willis as Bud it's just not clickin. None of em are improving on anything that Crowe did w/ that role. Watch it again & you might realize this. You should've went with your 1st instinct when you said, "ill give you LA confidential"

if you
>wanna see someone kill a noir piece watch gabriel byrne in
>millers crossing.

>and if you havent seen millers crossing jigga you need to
>gtfooh telling me to remove film.

Gabriel Byrne in Millers crossing is right up there w/ Crowe in Confidential. 2 of my favorite performances of all time, noir or not. Byrne kills it in Usual Suspects as well. Guy Pearce kills it in Memento & L.A. Cofidential along w/ Crowe. Fred MacMurray slaughtered Double Indemnity. Humprey Bogart nailed The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon & any other noir piece he touched. I enjoyed what Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke & especially Clive Owen did in Sin City. There's been plenty of great noir performances. But none of them take anything away from what Crowe did as Bud White.