Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRocky couldn't box, Michael Corleone was a dick...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=49428&mesg_id=49428
49428, Rocky couldn't box, Michael Corleone was a dick...
Posted by MANHOODLUM, Sun Apr-16-06 01:03 PM
other things in respected movies that people seem to overlook.

I know the Rocky movies were good, but the fact that the matches were always 43 rounds of them beating the shit out of eachother with absolutely NO defense always annoyed the hell out of me. I can imagine boxing purists HATE this movie. The fact that professional boxers actually cock back and hold it for 2 seconds while the other boxer just sits there and eventually takes the slug is just retarded. Plus, if this is the way 2 boxers really fought, it'd be a KO halfway through round 1.

I love the Godfather, I loved the Godfather 2. How can the MAIN character in both of these movies just annoy the shit out of me at the same time. I never liked the way Mike was "the good one"...he was a college student, a military guy, and then he becomes so gung-ho when people started messing with his father. Ok, he wanted to meet with Solatzo (sp) and McCluski (sp) 'cause they lumped him up and tried to kill his father...fine. He capped'em both...fine. Then when he went to Sicily, and he fell in love with ol'girl, ran into her father, and was like "Tell him to come out here...let me tell him who I am and how important I am". From that moment on, I hated Mike. I thought he was a prick who took himself too seriously. He was on his own nuts and took himself too seriously. His father was "old school", and by part 2, I could see Mike looking at himself in the mirror, sitting at his desk, for hours...

I just hated that guy.

What other realities in good movies are usually overlooked?