Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectHey, normally I ride for Erin Aubry Kaplan
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=49236&mesg_id=49272
49272, Hey, normally I ride for Erin Aubry Kaplan
Posted by ZooTown74, Sat Sep-10-05 11:16 PM
(and her white husband... okay, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that)

But if she knew, or thought she knew, what the movie was about, why did she even bother? Her mind was made up before she sat down, despite what she may have written to the contrary.

Wait, before anyone gets the bright idea to quote her in an effort to "refute my point," I'll do it for them:

>I was suspicious from the moment I read all the prerelease Hustle hype and saw the lurid billboards advertising the film, which blanketed South-Central like so many velvet paintings. Even so, I went hoping for the best; nobody has to convince me that Terrence Howard is a good actor. But 15 minutes into a showing of the film at the ArcLight Theater, I realized that not even Howard, as the movie’s pimp-rapper protagonist, DJay, could temper the fact that Hustle & Flow is bound to be the most despicable film of 2005.<

Actually, her writing actually proves my point for me. Wow, I'm pretty good.

And like I said, the movie was the second best movie of the summer, behind Batman.

Shit, now that I think about it, I may have seen the movie at the same time in the same theater she did. There were these two older black women who were talking about the movie as everyone was walking out. If I remember, one loved the film, said it was uplifting and showed that anyone has the right to a dream, no matter what they do (ding! ding! ding!), while the other just had her mind made up: "Well... I just thought it was... just terrible... just... ugh..."
___________________________________________________________________________________________
<---- errr-AH!

Brother's gonna work it out
Brother's gonna work it all out