Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectYou know, on a more serious note...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=47787&mesg_id=47866
47866, You know, on a more serious note...
Posted by celery77, Thu Apr-13-06 02:14 PM
I think this type of arm-chair cultural criticism is all part of the bigger culture that is always spiraling all over the place, but with some pushes and prods from every little participant can eventually lead somewhere, just like Kamauwhazisname said in one of his posts above this (quoting Cornell West, too! Now I know I'm fighting for good!) So seriously, I think just engage honestly and earnestly in discussions like this is, to a certain extent, building in a positive way.

Otherwise, you're right, I might be off with the nukes thing. I think I'm going to switch to "No Pre-Mixed Peanut Butter and Jelly Jars!" because those things really piss me off when I see them in the supermarket. How fucking lazy can you be? Not to mention the neopolitan-ization which will inevitably occur, as all the jelly goes in the first week and you're just stuck with some crappy peanut butter with a little jelly stuck to the side. Anyway, that shit needs to stop.