Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI forgot how divisive Sarah Silverman is on these boards.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=47787&mesg_id=47852
47852, I forgot how divisive Sarah Silverman is on these boards.
Posted by Premiere, Thu Apr-13-06 11:34 AM
I think people gicving these shallow criticisms are just looking shallowly theirselves, because the truth is, if there were no sense of irony in anything she said, almost none of her "jokes" could be jokes. A lot of them would just be sexist or racist or anti-religious comments. They could not be jokes, not necassarily funny jokes but just jokes, without irony. I'm wondering if most of you critics think every single one of her fans are laughing because they actually believe all of these comments, which could not be jokes if you think that, because if that's truly what you all believe, I don't understand how you can ever appreciate any kind of irony or sarcasm. If you think every person who laughs at a ironic joke is only laughing because they truly believe in the joke's message, you're damn fools. And if you think it's specifically SIlverman and her fans, why? What makes them the people who are deeply believeing in what they laugh at?