Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectUpdate.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=47680&mesg_id=47751
47751, Update.
Posted by Ryan M, Fri Jun-23-06 03:15 PM
So as ya'll know, I've been at GSN. It's cool despite messed up hours. They actually need me full time for my last 2 weeks there (this week and next...I'm done at the end of June), so my schedule looks something like:

T - 9am - 6pm
W - 9am - 6pm
Th - 3pm - 12am
F - 3pm - 12am
S - 3pm - 12am

Kinda wacky but whatever. I used to only be there 15-20 hours a week so this is obviously different, but in taking over for someone who had to leave for occupational therapy (she had a stroke), I get a totally different view of the place. The people are super cool. Although I'm doing "customer service" work for them - basically handling customer/winner complaints and stuff. Not out of my realm; I worked in Customer Service for years. In addition to that, I'm making games in Photoshop for them and keeping up the game databases. For the most part, it's easy...but that only adds up to 2-3 hours of work a day. So really I just sit at a computer a bunch.

Yesterday was kinda cool...Bil Dwyer (I've Got A Secret, a bunch of VH1 Specials) was in the studio shooting some live insets for an IGAS marathon and co-hosting a segment of the show I work on. It's funny, when he comes around...our craft services are Quiznos, vegetables, and beer. Usually...it's a veggie plate, some licorice, candy, some drinks, and cookies. Haha. Really it's not bad at all though, I mean the show is only 2 hours so you can't expect a meal or anything.

Anyway, it's been fun, but after tonight I only have 1 week left...and then it's off to bigger and better things. I hope.