Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI love my job...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=47680&mesg_id=47725
47725, I love my job...
Posted by JRennolds, Mon May-22-06 11:35 PM
Work has been steady lately on both the PA and Carpentor tips. Yeah, I'm both now and I am making that money. It's hard work and the hours are long BUT it is fun and really neat. Today we built a frame for a super expensive projector on the set of a local news station and we worked more on the set of a Dish Network commercial; we made a 4o-foot table, a mock gallery and styrofoam flats. I was also officially told I will be working on a Food Network show filming in Denver beginning in August. DOPE! In this business it is hard to find steady and paying work, I have. I continue to work for the props people and the set design people.

I really like who I work with and what I do. I have made tons of great contacts and have rapidly climbed through the hierarchy of TVdom in just a few short months. A year from now will be insane, I'll probaly be making hella (more) bank due to being more experienced. TV is the shit....if you have a connect already in the business. If you're going in "blind" I wish you luck.

Oh yeah, I'm now a part of a crew. I'll be working non-stop, having tons of fun and doing real neat stuff.