Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectBignick's Making Friends With Black People: The Post & Testimonial
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=46995&mesg_id=46995
46995, Bignick's Making Friends With Black People: The Post & Testimonial
Posted by bshelly, Thu Feb-23-06 12:32 PM
You know him as the unfunny curmudgeon who ruins your American Idol watching by reminding you how bad they are. But in his time not spent lamenting my effect of the Wake hoop (note the lack of s) team and being right, Okayplayer's own Nick Adams found time to write a book.

A book that's now available in the front of my local Borders, right next to Ang Nissel's book.

A book at the front of Borders that I tore through last night, reading roughly 2/3 of it in four hours and nearly splitting my gut into tiny little pieces. Now, this may tell you that it's not a literary masterpiece like "Soul of a Black Chef," but it is insanely hilarious.

A book that needs better editing, specifically in its paragraphing, but who fucking cares.

Yes, this is me riding (hit the email list, nick) for my boy, but it's more than that. I just told him that I was worried it would suck, but it doesn't even live in the same solar system as suck. Nick killed it. Everyone should pick this book up. You'll laugh, you'll learn, and you'll further okp's plan of world domination.

More to come when I actually have the book in front of me.