Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectMy review (copied from GD)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=46583&mesg_id=46662
46662, My review (copied from GD)
Posted by Nukkapedia, Tue Jan-16-07 01:55 PM
Nothing Earth-moving, but a nice popcorn flick. The script and dialogue were horrible, but there was enough great dancing, great photography, great art direction, good direction, and great eye candy (for both genders/sexual orientations) to more than ignore it.

Chris Brown can't act to save his life. Luckily (*not really a spoiler, since one can discern this from the trailer*) he's gone from the film after about 10 minutes and 5 or 6 lines of dialogue.

I didn't realize until the last reel that the dude playing the goofy roommate was Ne-Yo. He's a pretty decent actor.

Nice to see Harry J. "Dresser/Commander Locke" Lennix getting work.

Meagan Good is the loveliest woman to appear on a movie screen in a good second (and for ME to say this you know she must be working with something). God bless her.

The white kids ate the movie up. The frat in the movie uses pythons as their mascot, so they make hissing noises when they step. Yo, a whole theater full of white kids was going "hisssssssssssssssss" the ENTIRE third act of the picture, and all the way out the door as well.

Worth at LEAST a discount theater ticket or a matinée show. This movie will be shit on a small screen.