Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI'm one step ahead on that.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=4174&mesg_id=4211
4211, I'm one step ahead on that.
Posted by murph25, Wed Mar-24-04 11:06 PM
I caught the movie last weekend, when it was screening at the Hollywood Theater here in Portland (it had a short run for about a week). I was shocked at how empty the auditorium was for the Friday evening show (there were a total of about 7 patrons including my wife and myself). But, it impressive documentary - insightful political and social commentary coupled with this incredible footage of the actual events unfolding. Usually, a story like this is presented in a way that makes it possible to distance yourself from the socio-political problems that exist in this foreign country. But, to me, the issues raised within this movie seemed as socially and politically relevant to this country as they are to Brazil, and they really do a good job laying them out. It had an immediacy that made it quite powerful.

And, to my knowledge, there was no sex going on during the screeninig I attended (although the couple behind us was out of my view for most of the film, so I guess it is possible).