Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectWeek 25
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=40675&mesg_id=40937
40937, Week 25
Posted by lonesome_d, Thu Oct-26-06 09:48 AM
I was kinda surprised there wass no play on the 25 <-> 52 relationship, but that's no big deal. Also disappointed we didn't see (or at least, i didn't notice) Ambush Bug under cover as I thought had been indicated in last week's 'Next week in 52' bar. But maybe I misremember, I didn't go back to check.

Small complaints though.

Loved the Halloween stuff... I really get a kick out of the way DC works their characters into the wardrobe of everyday folks via the Superman and Batman tees, and the carryover of that into Halloween costumes was pretty cool. Loved the cover.

I'm getting some ominous feelings on Osiris... I think Freddy will turn up some junk on him. Nukkapedia - any dominant theories out there in Shazam-land?

I hate to say it, but Egg Fu actually looked kinda bad ass. No mustache, though, that's definitely a downer.

I like the continued play on what it means to be a mad scientist. It's hard not to root for Magnus holding out, but at the same time the Oolong Island spirit is pretty catchy. There's something about fun-loving criminals.

And Mannheim Steamroller - damn. Bad ass. Weird, but bad ass.