Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectNo snarky commentary on Isis & Osiris?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=40675&mesg_id=40915
40915, No snarky commentary on Isis & Osiris?
Posted by lonesome_d, Thu Oct-12-06 02:30 PM
You do know that in Egyptian mythology, prior to Isis combing the earth for him as we have already seen take place in the comic, those two siblings were fuckin'? And Osiris got cut up into millions of tiny bits and scattered all over, which is why Isis had to search for his pieces?

Verrry interesting... but incest is still quite the taboo subject; I can't imagine that aspect of the divine relationship will be picked up on in any but the subtlest of ways.

I'm getting the feeling more and more that the plots are going to turn out interrelated, and how. I kinda hope it's *not* the New Gods though and/or Apokolips, though.

Only complaint this week was that Isis's "I know where to start... China!" kinda came outta nowhere, if you know what I mean. Why start saving the world in China, instead of... Somalia? or Bangladesh? Maybe Isis *does* have something up her... well, where her sleeve would be.

Freddy, has Osiris existed previously in the Marvel family mythos? Since Isis's history was somewhat brief it seems unlikely to me, but you're the expert.

Oolong Island: Interesting idea, as 'oolong' is brewed from tea leaves that are partway through the fermentation process.... not green, not yet black, but... half-baked, so to speak.
And I LOVED the interaction on the island. The girl getting pissed that Magnus wasn't paying attention to her was classic.

And what's up with the 'Is renee the ANSWER?' tag on the bottom of the cover? I'm getting the feeling almost every week that the pacing of the interior and the cover copy are increasingly off. maybe intentionally so, though.