Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectFellow Travellers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=40675&mesg_id=40868
40868, Fellow Travellers
Posted by Big Chief Rumbletummy, Sun Sep-17-06 11:11 AM

I'm still keep keepin on with this title and I have to say that this book, along with the Identity/Infinite Crisis books and all the Inf. Crisis tie-in books, has led me to declare that DC whips Marvel's anal cavitus at this super-hero shit. I have been following both avidly for about 3 months now and can say for certain that the DC titles pique my interest more and just flat out LOOK better.

52 is a great example of this. A weekly book with one of their top writers and amply capable illustrators has yet to sag for even one of the past 20 weeks. Nothing short of an amazing accomplishment right now. As great as its going right now, however, I cannot say that I haven't been thoroughly lost at times. Right now the plan is that I'm going to go back at week 26, put everything else I cop that week aside, and go over all of the books for a little "half-time game review" to try and understand a little more and pick up the pieces that have me perplexinated. Fer insterance: Doc Magnus was choppin it up with some psycho talking doc for the first coupl eof issues and then..."whaaa haaaap'm??!?" Did I miss the wrap up? And I have just accepted that I will not.nevr.ever.nerverver.understand the riddle wrapped inside of an enigma wrapped inside of a mystery known as "Red Tornado". Following (somewhat) his storyline in 52, JUSTICE, Infinite Crisis, and JLA - I cannot figure out what the holy happenstance is his current status.

But I'm sure plunking down another $40-$50 bucks every week for the rest of my life for these silly funny books with the pretty pictures will sort it all out for me.