Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectMore responses
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=40675&mesg_id=40813
40813, More responses
Posted by lonesome_d, Mon Aug-21-06 09:26 AM
>
>The explanation at the back of the issues has been helpful

I think you're the only one who thinks that.

> but
>at times it can me most confusing.

That's more like it!

>Is Alan Scott the Green Lantern from Earth Two? What's the
>story behind his eyes? He mentions losing a daughter named
>"Jade", is that the Jade aka Cheshire?

No... Alan Scott's kids are the superheroes Jade and Obsidian. Jade was basically a Green Womantern or something but it doesn't matter since she's dead now. Obsidian is kicking it out in LA with Manhunter and more intimately with her law firm partner.

Jade/Cheshire is no relation. There was some stuff about her parentage in a good Birds of Prey arc - supposedly she's the illegitimate daughter of some bastard senator. Incidentally, she has a kid with Arsenal (see the new JLA #1 cover) and just had another with Catmann. She's currently kicking it in the Himalayas somewhere... see Villains United #2.

>Who or what is Red Tornado? I remember the two Dr.s discussing
>him in an earlier issue, week 2 I believe, and I got the
>impression he was a robot or something?

I've actually never read a comic with him in it, but I believe the current explanation is that he was originally a superpowered android, but was later determined to be a Wind Elemental or some BS who was using the android body as his shell.

>Firestorm and Cyborg are mutated together. Didn't Firestorm
>willingly blow himself up in Brave New World when he realized
>he would cause a nuclear reaction?

You mean Identity Crisis? If that's confusing it's 'cause DC decided to make Firestorm into a legacy character. So they killed off Ronnie Raymond and infused the "Firestorm matrix" into Jason Rusch. The new Firestorm I think had already been introduced when Identity Crisis ran, and Jason was the Firestorm in space with the Infinite Crisis crew who ran into those pesky zeta beam problems. Jason was merged with Dr. Stein as well but it seems Dr. Stein has absconded, so now he merges with some politico chick, but somehow they can't be more than a mile apart.