Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectQuestions from a DC Multiverse neophite
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=40675&mesg_id=40807
40807, Questions from a DC Multiverse neophite
Posted by Big Chief Rumbletummy, Sun Aug-20-06 05:02 PM

The explanation at the back of the issues has been helpful but at times it can me most confusing. Since I am now collecting this DC superhero shit in a MAJOR way (I'm just finding the stories, characters, and even the art mor einteresting than what Marvel is doing), I find myself getting more and more curious with each new purchase. So...some questions...if I may be so bold. These probably will run the gamut of DC history...

In 52 Week 2 - Is the guy who visits the Professor Morrow, Dr. Magnus I believe, is HE the Question? If not, who is he and what is his relevance?

In 52 Week 5:
The fuck happened out in space? Is that covered in Ran-Thanagar War, and if so, is it a decent cop? I just picked up the #1 from the "Countdown to Infinite Crisis" run and haven't read it yet.

Is Alan Scott the Green Lantern from Earth Two? What's the story behind his eyes? He mentions losing a daughter named "Jade", is that the Jade aka Cheshire?

Who or what is Red Tornado? I remember the two Dr.s discussing him in an earlier issue, week 2 I believe, and I got the impression he was a robot or something?

Firestorm and Cyborg are mutated together. Didn't Firestorm willingly blow himself up in Brave New World when he realized he would cause a nuclear reaction?

In 52 Week 6 - Who are the Chinese Metahumans? Are they good or evil?

In 52 - Week 10 - Is the explanation at the back the Infinite Crisis wrap-up? Did I just fuck my shit completely up and go ahead and read what happens in the series? Couldn't they put a little picture with a topless Power Girl holding up a sign saying something like **SPOILER ALERT!!**?