Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectWeek 7
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=40675&mesg_id=40678
40678, Week 7
Posted by buckshot defunct, Sat Jun-24-06 06:01 PM
Not my favorite issue, but still worth discussing.

The big thing for me was the Booster Gold stuff. And personally, I feel a little bad for the guy. Yeah, he's a con man, but Ralph didn't have to do him like THAT. I mean really, that whole "oh yeah, I forgot you were from the future!" scene was pretty damn silly. How in the hell do you forget you have a friend from the 25th century? Especially if you're a detective.
And then holding him responsible for the death of your wife? Come on, fam. Plus if characters start thinking along those lines, pretty soon they'll be blaming Booster for EVERYTHING. And yeah, it's a valid point, since he supposedly had all this information beforehand, but at the same time I can't help but wonder 'why are they just now considering this?'

The heaven scene was interesting too. Where are they? It's like Lost meets the book of Genesis meets the lotus eaters in that place. And who's the big guy with the spear?

No real opinion on the Batwoman/Montoya stuff. Did their relationship seem convincing to you? Let's see here, we have a hard boiled lesbian detective alcoholic and a ninja lesbian millionaire super hero...and I'm none of the above, soooo... I didn't really feel like I had any perspective by which to judge.