Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThe funniest shit I've EVEREVEREVER seen is in...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=39012&mesg_id=39121
39121, The funniest shit I've EVEREVEREVER seen is in...
Posted by FrankEinstein, Sat Jul-02-05 04:13 PM
...'Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood'. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking but the next time it comes on, watch that shit cuz you'll have the best laugh of your life: The big, dramatic culmination of the movie is when you finally learn why Sandra Bullock's character hates her mother so much, played by Ellen Burstyn/Ashley Judd. Judd goes crazy and starts beating the shit out of her kids (in a flashback) with a belt, in the pouring rain. As if that weren't funny enough, low and behold, here comes the wise, old 'friend-of-the-family' negro to try to calm her down, "No, No, NO, Miss Ellie! Ya gots ta stop!" It's too dramatic to be taken seriously, so the laughs already abound, and then it tops itself off by becoming insultingly offensive to the intelligence of anyone with half a brain...so of course, I FUCKING LOVE IT!

Interestingly enough, Ashley Judd is also responsible for another one of my favorite unintetionally funny movie moments: In the sappy, sickeningly sweet nightmare known as 'Simon Birch', the mutated-Willow-hobbit of a title character finally hits what he thinks is a a home-run, only to have it go foul and pop Judd on the top of her pretty little head...AND KILL HER! And she's his BEST FRIEND'S MOM! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's just all kinds of motherfucking priceless!

Yeah, I'm kinda sick that way though.