Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectEXACTLY!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=37102&mesg_id=37126
37126, EXACTLY!!!
Posted by daveyoriginal, Mon Mar-06-06 04:21 PM
thank you! now i know you didn't co-sign my entire post but you at least lent some kind of credibility to the point i am most passionate about: that it is possible that Crash is a better FILM meaning everything that the film is — acting, dialogue, the story, the music, etc.

i am a huge Spike Lee fan and I absolutely adore DTRT but I don't think it's a better film than Crash. Why is that so effing hard to believe. And why do people on here have holier than thou opinions on movies? I hated The English Patient, Shakespeare in Love and the fact Hoop Dreams and Grizzly Man didn't even receive nods. But when a bunch of actors, directors, crew members vote for a film it's a pretty big statement about that film. It all comes down to the fact that movie choice, like music, is subjective.

I just hate when people try to say a person is stupid or doesn't know anything because they like a certain movie. THAT'S dumb.