Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectDid you watch the first two episodes or two random episodes?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=36924&mesg_id=37082
37082, Did you watch the first two episodes or two random episodes?
Posted by DubSpt, Sat Aug-12-06 01:50 PM
Cause watching two random ones isn't half as great as watching it sequentially. As to the do I laugh question.... honestly it depends. Sometimes when I watch it I absolutely bust a gut, other times I do see it as a drama and it does get me choked up, then other times it is just something I put on to make me smile and I wont laugh out loud just enjoy it.

Honestly, I think you should sit down and watch the whole thing. The way it builds up through two seasons and then those Christmas specials.... oh my lord. That is a joy that I have yet to see paralleled in my long TV watching history.

And here is the other thing: I think you should give it a try, not because I think you "didnt get it" but because the pacing and style of the British and American versions are pretty different. Knowing that you are a fan of the American version (you are a fan, right? or did I just make that up?) it could be you went in expecting the American version and getting something different. It is kind of like how you may have to listen to an album a few times to appreciate it because it is so different than an artist's previous work. So maybe clearing your head and giving it another shot might be helpful. It might not be, but because of all of the pleasure I have received from this series, I must request that you try again.