Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectOK then
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=36924&mesg_id=37017
37017, OK then
Posted by McDeezNuts, Thu Feb-23-06 01:03 PM
But I can usually tell if I'm going to like a show pretty quick. In fact, I'm usually pretty forgiving.

Often, I see the first episode of something and say, "This has potential, let's keep watching." It's less common for me to say, "This blows, I'm never watching again."
(well, I did do that with all the "fat, middle-aged white men with hot wives" shows that are so common now)

I didn't see the first episode of the UK Office. I don't know what episode it was, it just happened to be on my friend's house so I checked it out.

I wanted to like the show. Like I said, the US version is one of my favorites. But I just found the UK version to be not as good.

I actually thought, I'd rather watch a rerun of the US version anyday...

I'm trying to remember a show I didn't like at first glance, but ended up loving... and I'm coming up pretty blank.

Seinfeld is the only one I've got. And that's possibly because I was 14 when it debuted in 1990, and it took me a few years to get into it. Not because I watched it and thought it was bad, but I watched it and thought, "meh, whatever - not really a show for me."
I mean, did other 14 year olds not living in NYC relate to that show when it first came out?

>And even the US Office pilot wasn't that great. Meaning
>"funny." So let's not act like the US version somehow "got
>it" in 30 minutes while the UK version didn't.

I loved the US version from the first episode. Shit, I loved it from the first snippets of scenes that I saw online.