Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectWe're not going to rehash this argument today
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=36924&mesg_id=37016
37016, We're not going to rehash this argument today
Posted by ZooTown74, Thu Feb-23-06 12:44 PM
except to say, once again, that I find it amusing when cats play the "my time is valuable" card to justify why they simply can't bother to watch episodes of shows (and I know, "it's his choice to do so," save the cards and letters), as if they can't possibly bother to eke out 40 more minutes of their day to see Just. What. Is. So. Great. about some show. My theory is that the person's mind was pretty much made up by the time the cold opening of the show was over, probably 2 or 3 minutes in. Hell, it was probably made up before they sat down to watch. But I digress.

All I know is if I had seen just one episode of a show like Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras (another UK "comedy" by Ricky Gervais) or The Wire (I know, it's a drama), I would have been kicking myself for declaring them wack.

And even the US Office pilot wasn't that great. Meaning "funny." So let's not act like the US version somehow "got it" in 30 minutes while the UK version didn't.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
<----- Daddy's Comin' Home.

(and no, you can't click the link)