Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectwholly crap....i mean really...WHOLLY CRAP!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=33816&mesg_id=33848
33848, wholly crap....i mean really...WHOLLY CRAP!!!
Posted by Voodoochilde, Sat Oct-01-05 03:20 AM
...this movie is the SHIT!!!

<note: all doodoo references within should be interpreted in a positive light. 'the SHIT' is a GOOD thing>

man..i've never watched Firefly.
I've never watched Alias.
The only thing by Whedon i've ever come across were some Xmen comics he had written (and I thought they were very well done mind you).

so i pretty much came into this movie blind with no expectations...

but DAMN...i am SO in love with this flick!

It had everything i want in a film. EVERYTHING. period.

a healthy dose of solid grit & grime, action, effects, humor, horror, genuine characters with some 'realness', great acting performances & casting...and the writing...perfect perfect writing and dialogue...stellar....

i didn't want it to end... but even though it had to, when it did, i was completely satisfied.

it got four very strong thumbs up from my entire family...from me (40ish with sci-fi geekish tendencies) my wife ( kinda a closet sci-fi nerd geek like me), my daughter (teenager) son (preteen)...and if my dog woulda gone he woulda dug it too...

wonderful flick. deserves much more promotion than I've seen it getting. (that said, I was off today so we went early and the 4-oclock Friday showing here in Richmond had a pretty nice crowd for a Friday afternoon )

this movie was just cool man...made me want to do a few things things though...fly a spaceship, and backtrack and watch episodes of Firefly so i can see more of this stuff...including the hot chick...and the other pretty chick, and the other cute chick too...

yeah this movie is THE SHIT yall.

So.. what else has this Whedon guy done besides Alias & Firefly?