Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecthuh?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=33611&mesg_id=33636
33636, huh?
Posted by McDeezNuts, Tue Oct-25-05 11:18 AM
>>Blockbuster and Best Buy cost money
>
>It's money well spent, believe me. And nothing comes for
>free, holmes.

How does watching The Office on NBC cost me money? It only costs me time and opportunity cost. But no money.

>Everything you buy is a direct result of what
>you see on TV.

That's total bullshit. I don't buy things based on what I see on TV. I know you're referring to advertising and all that, and I'm not claiming to be totally immune, but my choices at the grocery store, music store, etc have nothing or very little to do with my TV watching. Maybe it did when I was a kid, but not anymore. TV might make me aware of something (ooh, I didn't know that was out on DVD already) but it didn't "make" me buy anything.

>So, you can kindly strike that excuse off your
>list.

Makes no sense. Like Will, one of the reasons I haven't seen the Brit Office is that I'd have to pay to rent it (definitely wouldn't buy it sight unseen). And what kinda sucks about renting TV series is that Blockbuster charges you for each disc (though I guess it's still a good deal because each disc usually has over 2-3 hours, more than the average movie).

>>besides the fact that most of the BBC lovers think anybody
>who
>>liked an American version of the show is a tasteless idiot
>
>That's a crock of shit, and you know it. And even if you have
>a few folks who do (allegedly) talk that shit, so what? Fuck
>them.

Well, it just makes me think the shows must be really different. And if I love the US version, why bother?