Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI don't see how no one here who's seen all the episodes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=32301&mesg_id=32401
32401, I don't see how no one here who's seen all the episodes
Posted by Premiere, Wed Sep-28-05 01:50 PM
(which I seriously doubt all of you have, and I'm sure many of you feel shouldn't be a requirement with a sitcom) has never had feling for these characters. The first season had plenty of moments that were about how much these characters have to care about each other to stay around this long. Even Michael, with all of his problems trying to fix a family that will never be fixed, is given the opurtunity to look like there is a definite reason for sticking around: he loves these people. He loves these people like nobody should, and as much as they screw each oher over, they all pretty much feel the same way. The characters are very much exaggerated (only George Michael and Buster seem real, and are usually the most likable characters) I probably have too much emotional investment in this show (which I've noticed I'm pretty much completely alone in in PTP) to talk about it in an unbiased manner, but I'll be damned if I haven't had more than a few Futurama moments with this show. Here's a little list of moments that people who've seen a helluva lot of the show should know:

Michael and GM burning down the banana stand in episode 2
Tobias and Lindsay realizing they have some kind of connection in the season 1 finale
Michael's apology to the family on that same episode
Michael and his dad at the end of Sad Sack
Michael and Buster talking about family at the end of Queen for a Day
And I cried on the season 2 finale, in much the same manner I cried at Futurama's episode about Fry and his brother and the clover.