Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjecti felt "something" like this after tonight's episode
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=32301&mesg_id=32343
32343, i felt "something" like this after tonight's episode
Posted by dro, Mon Sep-26-05 11:17 PM
this is my favorite comedy from recent years (yes, more than curb, entourage (if you want to call it that), family guy, and bbc's office) but at this point, yes its 2 episodes into the season so i'll reserve total judgement, but there just seems to be a tiredness to the formula. you can't say they've exhausted their possibilities as a show, as its not like they had possibilities in the first place, but tonight the storyline just seemed so rediculous and quirky that it felt like too much. I mean, the characters stepping into the scene are sometimes the best part anyways (gob and tobias stole, if not saved, the show tonight), but the central story didn't seem natural, even for this show. maybe we should just take it as it is and just laugh at the rediculousness of the characters rather than focusing on its level of quirkiness.

however, a post like this this early on in the season? it doesn't bode well for the rest. i'm calling it now.