Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectmy home away from home while i'm at home on my computer
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=31939&mesg_id=32046
32046, my home away from home while i'm at home on my computer
Posted by okaycomputer, Thu Nov-17-05 08:22 PM
I'm not as deep into PTP like I was in my complete addiction to Reviews, but I'm slowly climbing my way back in.

This is how this place breaks down for me:

movies: King_Friday, Mynoriti, ricky_Butler, DrNo; and janey & kurly for huge documentary recs

books: lately janey, kurlyswirl, and johnny_domino have been unknowingly teaching me great things about books...because of this site I'm finally becomming an avid reader.

tv: I don't think anyone can touch kurlyswirl here, there isn't a show she doesn't watch, and if I remember correctly she got me watching Home Movies, for which I am forever in debt. Also the whole HBO crew for forcing me to finally catch up on all of those great shows, above all the hidden gem that is The Wire.

random nostalgia and constant laughs: DawgEatah

There are plenty of other PTP/Reviewers who's knowledge I have stolen in the past and I thank them all...these are just the few that have stuck out from my first days here, the people who's advice I will take blindly...whether they realized that or not, thanks.

and finally, one day in the future when I look at myself in the mirror and notice jean overalls rolled up to my knees with no shirt and a long yellow stem of grass in my teeth I will look back and think "How did I get here? When did I become this hick?"...I'll then realize that King_Friday and lonesome_d's (with a little help from DrNo) secret country music infiltration was the reason and I will curse them all.