Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectyou can take the okp out the PTP, but not the PTP out the player.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=31939&mesg_id=32012
32012, you can take the okp out the PTP, but not the PTP out the player.
Posted by ricky_BUTLER, Thu Nov-17-05 01:52 AM
i went with this girl to a movie tonight. as we're waiting for the ushers to finish their cleaning and the doors to open, she comments on the posters adorning the hall of the theatre. it's a indie type movie house, so they had their grandiose Shopgirl cutouts and all, but also a nice selection of "classic" films poster, e.g. Casablanca, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Cinema Paradiso. since we're standing in front of one for Rear Window, i calmly refer to it as a great movie (not "oh, my god, Hitchcock has an uncanny ability to create a rich composition, especially praiseworthy for the use of diegetic sounds!" *drools*). then she mentions that she's only seen parts of Birds and that's it from her and Hitchcock. i proceed, again still cool and collected, to remark that Vertigo is "another good one he did." then i get the dumb idea to name off Rope. "what's that about?"

well, let's just say that my answer was less than satisfactory. oh, i very eloquently explained the concept of continuous takes and all that technical loveliness, trying to detail the ingenuity that Hitchcock utilized in filming in approximate real time and such and such, so on that end, my geek needs were taken care of. but as i find myself quickly back home at 10PM on a Wednesday night, it appears my other needs were less than satisfied.

sitting in front of a rather flaccid computer screen bordered with grays, sexually unfilled, with mise-en-scene on the brain, i once again feel a bond with the Reviews/PTP family. at least the tickets were free.