Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectThe things I love about this board :
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=31939&mesg_id=31949
31949, The things I love about this board :
Posted by Ryan M, Wed Nov-16-05 03:14 AM
- The Best Of posts
- What Did You Watch Last Week?
- Best Directors Worst Films
- Weekly updates on TV shows (even those that I don't watch...it's great to see good TV getting some love on here...whether it be Arrested Development, The Office, The Wire, or any other show)
- Anything vs. Batman...featuring "Prep Time"
- Updates/news on projects OKPs are working on.
- The incessant clowning on City of God posts
- Oscar Prediction Time!
- The fact my "I'm On IMDB" post got anchored.
- The appreciation posts for underrated directors/actors/writers/etc.

It's been a weird experience for me on this board, as I came into posting on here regularly in 2002 (although I'd been lurking on OKP for some time before that) as a junior college student. From then until now, I have earned enough credits to get outta JC, apply/get accepted to film school, graduated film school Cum Laude, and made numerous films. Between film school, Netflix, and this board, I've learned more about film than I ever thought I would. I still enjoy learning and studying...moreso now that I'm not in school. Posters like King Friday, Ricky Butler, Mynoriti, AFKAP, bignick, DrNO, and so many others (don't be hurt if I didn't mention you, ya'll know) have made informative posts and have taught me so much...from schooling me on classic films, to cinematography, to giving me tons of comics to read (buckshot I see you), and beyond...this board has really added to my schooling (as well as taking away from it, ironically).