Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectloved it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=26460&mesg_id=26612
26612, loved it
Posted by SammyJankis, Thu Aug-04-05 09:38 AM
i was going in with high hopes but was prepared if it had let me down and i wasn't. i could relate to the djays struggle of wanting to get out and get heard and do something else with his life. and i like the way he had support behind him helping him with his dream, i do agree with some that the female characters were not strong or portrayed as ho's but what the hell could you have expected when the movie was just buzzing the synopsis was saying that the dude was a pimp. it wasn't just an expression. terrence howard proven to be a very good actor has gained a lot of attention for the role but who surprised me most was taryn manning i've seen some of her flicks but i liked the way she portrayed her role. and those that are mad with djay making the white chick in charge in the end even though he fell in love with shelby seem to forget that she was the obvious choice, she was right there with him during all his momments of clarity and his main breadwinner, and had more knowledge of how to hustle, and she looked damn good in that power suit. i may be a little late on the comments but i just saw it last night.