Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectUnless I read pass it..........no one has mentioned the "white savior" thing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=26460&mesg_id=26563
26563, Unless I read pass it..........no one has mentioned the "white savior" thing
Posted by delthaladymusiklover, Mon Jul-25-05 12:39 PM
I am sitting at my desk with my jaw dropped because its so many good reviews for this movie. Y'all are really loving it, but HAVE NOT seen it and I look at it like this:

The previews come from the movie right? Previews suck, then.......?

So, my beef (just with the previews) is the whole "White man being the night in shining armor to come and get the po' black folk up out the 'hood......and of course this all cannot be done without inspiration from DJay's white girl because she's the most important one.

O.k. is this not the "Dangerous Minds", "Substitute", etc. theme. 'Here comes the white man to save the day because a po' black man can't do anything good without the white man'

This is ALL I think when I see the previews. Am I wrong? I can't stomach the idea of watching this movie without going in to the theatre with that in my head.

Hey, if I'm WAY off, then help me out.......

D