Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectAbout the Coincidences (Spoilers Alert)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=24262&mesg_id=24411
24411, About the Coincidences (Spoilers Alert)
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon May-16-05 05:40 PM

I keep hearing the criticism that the coincidences were unbelievable but there is something I always want to point out to people. The movie revolves around the desire of the carjackers to carjack a Black SUV (Escalade, I think). So they carjack the DA, reacting to the description that a Black SUV has been highjack leads the cops to pull over the black TV director. Not much an unrealistic coincidence there right? Once the chop shop rejects the first Black SUV because of the concern about tracing the blood, the carjackers are back in the original predicament, they need to carjack a black SUV. That's why they carjack the Black TV director.
Thats why I don't find the scenario with the cops, Black TV director and carjackers all that coincidental. Maybe the copy running up on the woman he assaulted the night before is stretching it a little bit, but it still makes sense once you consider that a cop has a beat, so it ain't that much a coincidence that a cop would run into the same person within a 24 hour period if he is petrolling the same beat.

Reality check: according to the 2000 census, there were more than 31,000 black physicians and surgeons, 33,000 black lawyers. There are about 1,400 black athletes playing professional basketball, football and baseball combined.