Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectMy Concerns(Spolier Alert0
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=24262&mesg_id=24319
24319, My Concerns(Spolier Alert0
Posted by Brooklynbeef, Mon May-09-05 02:37 PM

I loved the cinematogary. The pacing. Like 24 Grams I love stories that show how stories are interconnected. I loved the opening monologue with Don Cheadle. The scene with the little girl was brilliant!

My issues:

I felt some of the conflicts were sensationalized for the sake of being provactive. Like when Chealde was stroking jennfier Esposito and he answers the phone and tells his mother that he is fucking a white women. wtf! Who would tell their mother that.

There was no chemistry btw Cheadle and Esposito. I thought, why the fuck she wit this dude who is a complete ass hole and has not realized that she ain't Mexican but rather Puerto Rican/Peruvian.Again shock value.

I thought Luda and Tate where charactures. Luda being a philosphic thug gives a speech about why white folks are scare of Black men yet car jacks a white couple was on a buffoon side.

The rescue scene was heinous and trite. Why all of a sudden the man who sexually assualted her is the same man who recues her from the burning car? That scene was very sexual. With camera angles of Newton mounted Dillion. And Dillion responds:"Let me take off your belt. When he rescues her it is left with a shot of Newton being grateful -- mind you this was the same individual who sexually assualted her while her husband watched helplessly(Echoes of slavery) That was an insult since it trivialized both the Black male and females abuse in the prior encounter by legitimizing their teeming erotic crisis and now the racist becomes the hero. If they wanted to show another side of the racist the struggle he had with his ailing father would of been enough.