Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectNot just about racism
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=24262&mesg_id=24306
24306, Not just about racism
Posted by Nettrice, Sun May-08-05 04:02 PM
Okay, I just saw the movie and there were some strong moments when I felt "racism" was the focus but mostly the film was like L.A. Stories or Collateral or even Magnolia. This movie was about a bunch of different stories, some deal with race and others dealt with other issues, and there is a universal flow or connection between people.

The reason I think racism was so strong has to do with what Cheadle's character said at the very beginning about how people (in urban areas like L.A.) don't really touch or interact on a daily bases, so they crash into each other to force some kind of negative interaction. People of color deal with race in a far different way than white folks, Latino people deal with race differently from Black folks. They (we) all are just getting through life.

Maybe I am just too sensitive because I deal with racism on a daily basis...but I don't think so. This film was nothing more than a well told story about some fictitious folks' lives. It was interesting and I enjoyed it.