Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI saw it Monday
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=23721&mesg_id=23995
23995, I saw it Monday
Posted by Harmonia, Sat May-28-05 08:33 AM
I've been contemplating this movie all week. Also during this time I went back and saw the other prequels and then episodes 4-6.

I have to say I really enjoyed this film and the main reason being is that I now have a better understanding of who Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader is. As a kid watching the three originals, he was always the scary guy in the dark outfit that turned out being Luke's father. It was hard to imagine him being a good person and on the side of the Jedi.

This film was very affective in showing how the emperor was able to play off of Anakin's weakness and turn him into the darkside. It was vital that the emperor have this cunning wit about him and Ian McDiarmid definitely pulled it off.

Hayden Christensen finally gave a decent performance.

Ewan McGregor was also great but I didn't like his comedic one-liners.

Natalie Portman, although a terrific actress, was miscast in this role. I thought she would get better by this film, but she was still awful. Plus I wish Lucas had made her more of a Princess Leia/badass type character. Anakin has a such a strong personality and it would seem the person he would fall for would be able to match him. She came off so weak and pathetic.

The action scenes seemed very LOTR/Peter Jackson influnced.

My favorite dramatic scene was the fight between Obi Wan and Anakin. I liked the way Obi Wan broke down and showed his utter disappointment and anguish in Anakin turning to the darkside. It was like he spoke for everyone watching the film because even though we all knew it was gonna happen, it was still so hard to see Anakin turn evil.

I also liked the Code 66 killings of the Jedi.

I definitely want to see this again soon.