Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectdeleted scene for the Ep III DVD: *spoiler*
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=23721&mesg_id=23896
23896, deleted scene for the Ep III DVD: *spoiler*
Posted by Mosaic, Thu May-19-05 05:10 PM
>I just have one question if anybody knows the answer... why
>doesn't Vader/Anakin remember R2 and 3CPO in the original
>trilogy? The droids minds were wiped but shouldn't Vader
>remember his own creations? Or did he remember them and I
>just forgot? Iono...

apparently, leaving the scene in fucked with the rhythm that Lucas was going for ...

Vader asks about Padme, and Palpy lies to him and says that he (Vader) killed her. then, Vader howls that ridiculous "NOOOOoooOOOoOOoOOoOoOo!"

in the scene that was cut, Vader finishes his howl, then asks about Artoo and Threepio.

Vader: "... and R2D2 and C-3PO?"

Palpy: "?"

Vader: "my droids."

Palpy: "ah, yes! your droids ... they were ... uh ... EATEN BY YODA!"

Vader: "eaten by Yoda?! but--"

Palpy: "tut tut, if you don't remember, it is possibly due to the amount of pain reducing chemicals we have injected into your body ... which we could not have used without THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE!"

Vader: "but, Yoda was small and to eat a droid the size of--"

Palpy: "pish-posh! i believe Yoda's exact words were, 'droids! MMM, delicious! eat them, i will!' then, he ate them, mumbling something about 'eat or eat not, there is no try ...' useless, old space gnome."

Vader: "i have trouble believing--"

Palpy: "do you have trouble believing in THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE? that the SITH have delivered you from a lifetime of fence-sitting servitude with the Jedi Order?"

Vader: "..."

Palpy: "i thought so. come, we have an appointment to make. Governor Tarkin is having a 'name this gigantic sphere-shaped weapon of ultimate destruction and final defeat of those who would oppose us' contest in the break room."

Vader: "yes, master."

---