Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectWhat a fucking episode, lawd, they really kicked it into high gear...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=23433&mesg_id=23532
23532, What a fucking episode, lawd, they really kicked it into high gear...
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Apr-15-05 07:14 PM
First off, the whole scene with Dutch was hilarious and that shit was acted perfectly, great little comedic sketch.

Man o man, Shane is really getting himself fucked and Army along with it (I had to rewind that chair shot at least a good couple times, shit had me dying). You could even see the diff in their personalities when the girl got murked, duke was all teary eyed and shit (maybe it was the chair shot) and Shane really showed no emotion. Thing is, iono, I still kinda like Shane (maybe I just a sucker for nostalgia and for the old days with the whole squad wreaking havoc together), im still hoping duke comes back and gets to really fuck over Antwan.

Speaking of Antwan, GREAT line at the end, and they are finally getting getting gritty with his real personality....shooting that girl, fucking christ, this is prob the most raw the show has ever gone when looking at how merciless cats really are. Anthony does such a good job of Antwan its scary, he is SO perfect for this part, and he does such a great job of playing the two sides of his persona with the protecting the community shit contrasted with his behind the scenes.

That scene with Dutch arguing with Claudette was such a great scene man....I honestly could feel Dutch's pain with the shit he was saying and imo he was def right with that. Claudette on that ego trip, I do enjoy her stance in principle, but at some point you gotta put that shit aside and go make MORE of a difference with better cases.

Macky had me dying when he was beating on that cat upstairs and he mocked him with the "for the homies", bwahahahhahhhaahahhaa, his delivery sealed it.

All in all, this made me remember why I came to love the Shield so much....might be one of the best episodes in the shows history. Man, this show simply is getting too good.