Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectOfficial 'The Shield' Season 4 Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=23433
23433, Official 'The Shield' Season 4 Post
Posted by nipsey, Tue Feb-22-05 09:02 PM
Let's try to keep this up all season long like the last one. Was that archived? If not, it should have been. LOL.

Official Site
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/the_shield_s4/main.html

The new season premieres March 15th with the addition of Glenn Close to the cast. The season 3 DVD just came out today, February 22nd, check the following review from amazon.com. My personal highlight of season 3? The knock down drag out between Tayvon and Shane. That was *THE* most brutal fight I've ever seen on television.

Editorial Reviews

Dramatically speaking, the third season of The Shield is dysfunctional in the "best" sense of the word. Relationships fester in a quagmire of personal and professional conflict, and clashing agendas inspire some of finest episodes of this volatile series. Det. Mackey (Michael Chiklis) struggles to save his crumbling family (including two autistic children) while his strike team endures internal tensions over their secret stash of stolen drug money. Shane (Walton Goggins) clashes with teammate Tavon (Brian J. White) with near-fatal consequences, and his demanding fiancée tests his loyalty to Mackey. Capt. Aceveda (Benito Martinez) suffers unspeakable humiliation en route to city council promotion, engaging Wyms (CCH Pounder) in a battle of wills over proper command of "The Barn." Dutch (Jay Karnes) pursues the "cuddler rapist" case and confronts the dark side of his soul, while Danny (Catherine Dent) revives her career and is re-partnered with Julien (Michael Jace), who suppresses his homosexuality in a desperate quest for conventional marriage and family. After Lemon (Kenneth Johnson) attempts a drastic solution to their "money train" worries, the shaken strike team faces a deeply uncertain future.

As always, The Shield juggles multiple plotlines with relentless pacing and narrative economy, packing substantial character developments into all 15 of these action-packed episodes. This season's inclusion of a competitive decoy squad offers humor and professional sacrifice, and the pivotal David Mamet-directed episode "Strays" arrives at a shocking conclusion, with Mamet regulars Clark Gregg and Rebecca Pidgeon (Mamet's wife) giving outstanding guest-star performances. Series star Chiklis (whose pugnacious mug dominates the DVD packaging) makes his directorial debut on "Slipknot," and eight episodes include informative, entertaining commentaries by the principal cast and crew. A generous archive of deleted scenes illustrate the agonizing decisions required by the time constraints of episodic TV, and the making-of documentary offers an intimate look at the series' collaborative writing process. With major developments (including a new role for Glenn Close) in store for season 4, these episodes maintain the high standard of provocative drama that loyal Shield fans have come to expect. --Jeff Shannon

DVD Features
Format: DVD
Rating (MPAA): NR
Originally Released/Aired: 0000
Run Time: 698 min
DVD Special Features:
    - DISC 1: Playing Tight, Blood and Water, Bottom Bitch - Commentary by Scott Brazil, Michael Chiklis, Adam E Fierro, and Michael Jace Streaks and Tips, Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Shawn Ryan: Playing Tight: 56-57, 72-73, Blood and Water: 95, 108, Botton Bitch: 33, 49, Streaks and Tips: 75-77, 140
    - DISC 2: Mum - Commentary by Walton Goggins, Michael Hicks, Benito Martinez, Shawn Ryan and Kurt Sutter Posse Up, Safe, Cracking Ice - Commentary by Charles H. Eglee, Guy Ferland, Matt Gerald, CCH Pounder, and Gareth Williams, Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Shawn Ryan: Mum: 40, 47, Posse Up: 27, Safe: 2, 40-41, 77, Cracking Ice: 15, 50
    - DISC 3: Slipknot - Commentary bu Michael Chicklis, Walton Goggins, Kenneth Johnson, and David Snell, What Power Is - Commentary by Benito Martinez, Michael Jace, Jay Karnes, and Dean White, Strays - Commentary by Catherine Dent, Jay Karnes, Glen Mazzara, and Shawn Ryan, Riceburner, Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Shawn Ryan: Slipknot: 36, 59-60, What Power Is: 4, 37, 53, Strays: 22, 51, Riceburner: 17
    - DISC 4: Fire in the Hole - Commentary by Catherine Dent, Nicki Micheaux, CCh Pounder, and Cathy Cahlin Ryan, All In - Commentary by Michael Chiklis, Kenneth Johnson, Jay Karnes, CCH Pounder, and Scott Rosenbaum, On Tilt, Special Feature: Breaking Episode 315 (79.02), Delected Scenes w/ Commentary by Shawn Ryan: Fire in the Hole: 51, All In: 1-2, 8, 18, 29-30,36, 56, 48, On Tilt: 7, 18-19, 22, 29, 43A, 48, 51, 58
Video: n/a
Color: Color

XBOX Live Gamertag:

XBOX Live Games: Halo 2, ESPN
NBA
2K5, NCAA Football 2005,
MotoGP2,
Splinter Cell: PT, Links 2004

AIM: slbplayshalo

Last 10 movies I saw:

Justice League: Starcrossed A Plus
The Village:C-
Duplex: D
Meet the Fockers: B
Coach Carter C+
The Manchurian Candidate C
The Door in the Floor C-
The Cooler: B
The Terminal: B+
My Baby's Daddy: F
23434, i cannot wait for this...
Posted by phenompyrus, Wed Feb-23-05 06:49 AM
this show is phat as all hell...
23435, Wow, that time already!!
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Feb-23-05 08:12 AM
Why did I think the Tayvon/Shane fight was in Season 2, not 3? Anyway...Looking forward to it.

Hopefully, Nip/Tuck starts up not long after The Shield ends.

*edit* Oops, meant to reply to the original post. Oh, well. :-)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23436, March 15 cant come soon enough
Posted by LA2Philly, Wed Feb-23-05 10:16 AM
The whole inter team feud with shane, who knows wtf is gonna happen with the tainted money, and then you know there gonna be major friction with Mackey and Glenn close.

And yeh I do gotta agree with the most memorable moment from scene 3 being the gully fight between shane and tavyon, that iron to the head and tavyon walking out with half his head bloody and his eyes looking half past dead...that ish was crazy. But now the MOST disturbing moment was when whats his face (the old department head, the mexican cat) was forced to give head to the dude at gunpoint, that shit had me tripping for the next week.
23437, This review of the Season 3 DVDs is very amusing.
Posted by kurlyswirl, Thu Feb-24-05 07:04 PM
I'm not cut-and-pasting 'cause you've gotta see the pics.

http://chud.com/dvd/1517

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23438, RE: This review of the Season 3 DVDs is very amusing.
Posted by nipsey, Fri Feb-25-05 04:28 AM
"The Shield is the first television show to be shot in the new Peter Falk's POV aspect ratio." LOL! That's so wrong!

XBOX Live Gamertag:

NBA
2K5, NCAA Football 2005,
MotoGP2,

Last 10 movies I saw:

Coach Carter C+
The Door in the Floor C-
23439, Up! Work with me, people.
Posted by kurlyswirl, Sun Feb-27-05 10:21 AM
This post is gonna fall off if we don't work to keep it up, considering the premiere isn't for another 2 weeks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23440, RE: Up! Work with me, people.
Posted by nipsey, Sun Feb-27-05 06:42 PM
>This post is gonna fall off if we don't work to keep it up,
>considering the premiere isn't for another 2 weeks.

I thought about that happening for putting it up so early before the premiere, but the Season 3 DVD set just came out so I thought I'd throw it up. KEEP THE POST ALIVE!

XBOX Live Gamertag:

NBA
2K5, NCAA Football 2005,
MotoGP2,

Last 10 movies I saw:

Coach Carter C+
The Door in the Floor C-
23441, You love Project Runway AND The Shield?
Posted by DubSpt, Mon Mar-14-05 02:52 AM
*swoon*
23442, Yep!
Posted by kurlyswirl, Tue Mar-22-05 03:38 PM
>*swoon*

:-)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My diminutive DVD collection:
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=kurlyswirl
23443, What did you think of the premiere?
Posted by DubSpt, Tue Mar-22-05 07:11 PM
I thought it wasnt that great, but showed lots of potential for things to come. Lem so wants to be back on the team, he shouldnt even play it off. And I personally don't think Shane killed that guy, I think he was there to clean up a mess though.
23444, I missed it. :-(
Posted by kurlyswirl, Tue Mar-22-05 07:51 PM
I thought I had set my dvr up to record the series every week, but I was wrong. And then I spaced out, thinking it started tonight, not last Tuesday. :-(

Doesn't look like they're going to encore the premiere anytime soon, either. Maybe I can find a torrent of it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23445, 10 More Days
Posted by nipsey, Fri Mar-04-05 10:45 PM
Till the premiere.

XBOX Live Gamertag:

NBA
2K5, NCAA Football 2005,
MotoGP2,

Last 10 movies I saw:

Coach Carter C+
The Door in the Floor C-
23446, Wow, that time already?
Posted by spenzalii, Sat Mar-05-05 06:06 AM
Can't wait...
23447, Can't wait n/m
Posted by radin, Sat Mar-05-05 06:15 AM

23448, EP 1 and 2 are up on bittorrent already NM
Posted by logiteck1764, Sat Mar-05-05 07:47 AM
NM
23449, RE: Official 'The Shield' Season 4 Post
Posted by nipsey, Fri Mar-11-05 11:59 AM
Three more days. Can't Wait.

[link:ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?collid=575167642203&page=1&sort_order=0|My G
23450, I'm a total fuckup for not being on top of this series from jump
Posted by dhalgren718, Fri Mar-11-05 12:02 PM
I saw ONE episode and was like.. "WHY THE FUCK DON'T I HAVE FX?!?!?"

I may have to go buy all the boxed sets. That and the Wire.

... I need money.
23451, Glenn Close takes on "The Shield".
Posted by nipsey, Mon Mar-14-05 12:53 AM
From ew.com:

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1036496_3_0_,00.html

Playing the Field
What Glenn Close is doing in ''The Shield'' -- Why the Oscar nominee chose to take a part in a violent, gritty cable cop drama by Dan Snierson

She's boiled a bunny. Plotted to make a coat of many canines. Manipulated the hearts of 18th-century French aristocrats. But today, in an unsavory L.A. neighborhood, Glenn Close isn't embodying another villain — she's trying to capture one. Clad in shades and a Kevlar flak jacket, she's staked out behind a black SUV, a gun in her holster and an even more dangerous weapon at her side: Michael Chiklis. The two are shooting an episode for the fourth season of The Shield (debuting on FX March 15 at 10 p.m.) in which Close, as new Farmington precinct captain Monica Rawling, and Chiklis, as bad-mother cop Vic Mackey, hunt for a murder suspect and a drug distribution center. • Between takes, Close boasts about how she trained for the raid. • ''I did 25 laps in the pool this morning,'' she says. ''I did some crunches. I did a couple push-ups, too.''

Chiklis looks impressed: ''You're up to 25 laps now?''

''I'm up to 50,'' she says. • ''Wow,'' marvels Chiklis. ''Check out Close!'' • It's still true: She will not be ignored. By signing on to a full season of FX's gritty-gutty police drama, the 57-year-old actress — star of classics like Fatal Attraction, Dangerous Liaisons, and The Big Chill — is adding another bold role to her 30-year career. It's a move that will likely boost the critically acclaimed show's audience, which dropped from 3.3 million viewers in season 2 to 2.5 million last season, and it's bound to raise the question: Why go from 101 Dalmatians to 101 Citations? ''I kind of like being the scrappy underdog,'' she says. ''What's the big deal?''

The big deal, of course, is that film icons rarely report for episodic duty. (Can you picture Meryl Streep moving into the Cohen guesthouse on The O.C.? If only.) But securing a Great is exactly what Shield creator Shawn Ryan had in mind when he envisioned the tough-yet-amiable captain who takes command of the fractured precinct this season. He recalls compiling a list of dream actresses that also included Susan Sarandon and Frances McDormand. ''I started setting my heart on while thinking, 'Don't get too worked up because it probably won't happen.'''

Close was thinking the same thing. The five-time Oscar nominee and three-time Tony winner — who nabbed a Golden Globe this year for Showtime's remake of The Lion in Winter — initially told her agents to turn down the Shield offer, but her reps persuaded her to at least take a meeting. So Ryan, FX entertainment president John Landgraf, and CEO Peter Liguori jetted to New York City for a multimedia, multi-hour pitch. Close said yes by the end of the week. ''I'm a sucker for good writing and for people who are really passionate,'' she says. ''There was something very seductive about being wanted so badly, and the fact that they had come all that way and were willing to sit in my little apartment...'' What also won her over was the chance to play a female who could compete in a testosterone-teeming environment. ''I was offered Dune right after The World According to Garp,'' she says. ''I turned it down there was this scene where they were running away from the big worm or whatever it was and the woman fell down, and everyone had to come back to get her. I said, 'What a cliché. I don't want to be the woman who falls down. I want to be the woman who's running just as fast as everyone else.'''

The Shield cast was shocked to learn Close would be their running mate. ''I spent the first five minutes on the phone getting upset with Shawn Ryan because I thought he was messing with me,'' says Chiklis, 41, who uses terms like ''national treasure'' and ''hot s---'' to describe his new costar. ''I remember saying, 'Why would you do that?' and he's like, 'No, I mean it!' She's one of maybe three actresses in my fantasy world that I'd get. There was this great exhilaration: 'Wow. Glenn Close. Holy s---. This is gonna raise everything up a notch.'''

After devouring 41 Shield episodes and brain-picking one of the few high-ranking female police officers in New York City for authenticity purposes, the actress spent her first days on set trying to keep up with the run-and-gun pace. ''She was very weary,'' recalls Chiklis. ''I put a hand on her shoulder and asked if she was all right and she's like, 'Yeah, I gotta buckle up.''' Adds Close: ''I didn't know where I was for a while. It's literally like jumping off a cliff.'' Her character also treads on unfamiliar turf, warily trusting dirty cop Vic to help clean up the hood with some controversial policies. But be warned: Monica isn't the battle-ax you'd expect her to be. ''Because Glenn is so capable of being strong, the easiest thing we could've done is to turn her character into this really forceful, charismatic bitch, but we weren't interested in that,'' says Ryan.

''It was important that this is a character we like.'' Then again, don't call her gun-shy. ''I think I kick major ass, and it's already controversial in my mind,'' Close says of Monica. ''I kick a grandmother and her kids out of a house. It's pretty rough. But my feeling is she's looking at the big picture.''

Speaking of the big picture, Close isn't ready to retire from the multiplex just yet. She's viewing her Shield gig as a 13-episode treat, before resuming that whole celebrated film career thing. (''I haven't won an Oscar yet,'' she says. ''Put that in your article.'') In the meantime, her big-screen workload hasn't dwindled. Close unveiled three movies at Sundance: Heights, a Merchant Ivory production in which she plays a Broadway actress; The Chumscrubber, a dramedy in which she plays a bewildered suburbanite; and the vignette-driven Nine Lives, which features Close as a young girl's mother. ''I'm too old to do a lot of parts, so what's left to do?'' she says, pondering for a moment. ''Queens. Eccentric grandmothers. Women with hats.'' For now, woman with a badge seems like a killer choice.

(Posted:03/09/05)

23452, RE:Can't wait
Posted by las raises, Mon Mar-14-05 01:54 AM
23453, Season Premiere Tonigh!!!
Posted by nipsey, Tue Mar-15-05 02:12 PM
Here's a review from EW

SEASON PREMIERE 10-11PM
The Shield (FX, TV-MA) Now that David Aceveda (Benito Martinez) is on the L.A. City Council, actress Glenn Close joins the Farmington precinct as its new captain. We like our Close shrewd, manipulative, and cojones-crushing, but that persona is barely present in the actress' cool portrayal of Monica Rawling. Most of the episode's heat is generated in the final scene when Shane Vendrell (the marvelous Walton Goggins) returns after falling out last season with Vic (Michael Chiklis, left, with Close). Mackey should be stressing over the new boss, but it's his old partner who's making him sweat. B+ —Lynette Rice

23454, shit! that's on 2nite, looks like no homework 4 me
Posted by Snow_Flow, Tue Mar-15-05 06:08 PM
<---Isn't that that Snow Flow kid? I think it is, he's the one on the right. I here he's got MAD flow.
Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

Wanna know what Flow's doing?
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/13039981
23455, ^
Posted by DJ007, Tue Mar-15-05 08:09 PM
23456, Andre Braugher back on TV, son!
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Mar-15-05 10:51 PM
I know this is a post jack, but it is somewhat related since
the commercial did show during The Shield and all. Very
excited to see Mr. Braugher back on TV again though.
23457, RE: Official 'The Shield' Season 4 Post
Posted by BISON CLASS of 97, Tue Mar-15-05 11:08 PM
Kids that young would never quote Ice Cube. I mean NWA Ice Cube.
23458, they obviously been taught they roots
Posted by Snow_Flow, Wed Mar-16-05 08:19 PM
<---Isn't that that Snow Flow kid? I think it is, he's the one on the right. I here he's got MAD flow.
Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

23459, Anyone catch old girl from Amen?
Posted by radin, Wed Mar-16-05 09:02 AM
23460, RE: Anyone catch old girl from Amen?
Posted by nipsey, Wed Mar-16-05 10:50 AM
Surprised you didn't say from "Friday". Some people tend to overlook the older work. LOL.

23461, I guess I just showed my age
Posted by radin, Thu Mar-17-05 09:57 AM
23462, My Comments
Posted by nipsey, Wed Mar-16-05 10:53 AM
The Shield March 15, 2005

1. LOL at the teaser! “The Dog was reachin’” Pure Comedy!

2. “That’s when I heard somebody scream.”
”Did you call for help.”
”No”
”Why not?”
“I had a mouthful of dick at the time”

CLASSIC!

3. Claudette needs to give it up. You effed up move on.

4. Ronnie has had more lines of dialogue in this episode than he’s had the entire run of the show. He’s kinda like the Jarobi of the strike team! He’s stepping up now that Lem and Shane are gone. He’s Vic’s new best friend.

5. Vic cares about the chilren! Took the opportunity to beat down the child beater.

6. And so it begins. Captain Rawlings and Vic Mackey form an uneasy alliance.

7. Aceveda’s rape is still having repercussions.

8. Did Shane kill that guy? I see Vic was the one keeping *him* under control. He just went completely bad.

9. Arrgh!!! My VCR cut off. I missed the last 2 minutes. After Shane took the Blackberry. This sux.

10. My Grade: B+

23463, RE: My Comments
Posted by djprimo99, Wed Mar-16-05 04:29 PM
>8. Did Shane kill that guy? I see Vic was the one keeping
>*him* under control. He just went completely bad.

That's what it looked like to me.
23464, cosign on the comedy bits
Posted by Snow_Flow, Wed Mar-16-05 08:21 PM
Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

23465, RE: My Comments
Posted by radin, Thu Mar-17-05 10:00 AM

>
>4. Ronnie has had more lines of dialogue in this episode than
>he’s had the entire run of the show. He’s kinda like the
>Jarobi of the strike team! He’s stepping up now that Lem and
>Shane are gone. He’s Vic’s new best friend.
>
Hahaha this is dead on

>
>7. Aceveda’s rape is still having repercussions.
>

Fuck Aceveda and that bullshit report he filled out on Vic. Mackey is going to use this new Captain to ruin Aceveda's career, the war has just begun
23466, Ratings for premiere up over 1 million viewers
Posted by nipsey, Thu Mar-17-05 12:48 PM
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|94175|1|,00.html

'Shield' Collars Solid Ratings with Close

(Thursday, March 17 08:51 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The addition of Glenn Close to "The Shield" attracted some curious viewers Tuesday, resulting in fairly strong ratings for the show's fourth-season premiere.

About 3.9 million people tuned in to the FX series Tuesday night (March 15), giving "The Shield" the second-biggest audience on cable for the evening (behind a "Law & Order" rerun on TNT). More than half of the audience fell in the adults 18-49 demographic prized by advertisers.

Both numbers represent improvements over last season, the least-watched of "The Shield's" three years. Last year's premiere drew only 2.8 million viewers, and the show's season average was slightly below that. The series averaged about 3.3 million viewers in each of its first two years.

Tuesday's numbers didn't quite reach the heights of the season one and two debuts, which both attracted more than 4 million people, but FX can hardly be disappointed with an improvement of more than 35 percent over last year.

The casting of Close, an Emmy winner and five-time Oscar nominee, as the new captain in "The Shield's" fictional L.A. precinct of Farmington has brought some renewed buzz to the series. The rest of the cast, including Emmy winner Michael Chiklis as Detective Vic Mackey, remains intact.

23467, nice opener
Posted by Calico, Fri Mar-18-05 03:34 AM
the "dick" joke made me pause and rewind...thought i was hearing things....classic shield indeed...

dutch is such a kiss ass....

i still don't understand why they killed that family....

Aceveda and his wife are both some sorry mofo's...they deserve each other...

looks like the new cap is gonna make a new strike team...cool...

anthony anderson did a pretty good job...

i'm glad they did focus too much on anyone's private life...they got right to the 'job'...

shane..still don't like em..
23468, uppity
Posted by nipsey, Mon Mar-21-05 06:38 PM

www.stephenbattorneyatlaw.blogspot.com|My no content havin Blog

www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=slbates|My DVDs
23469, Summary of tonight's episode. POSSIBLE SPOILERS
Posted by nipsey, Tue Mar-22-05 06:26 PM
Episode #43. Grave

Mackey tries to help an old acquaintance find a wayward teenager, but the search quickly turns ugly when the missing teen appears to have been involved in a shoot-out. Meanwhile, Shane heads out into the field with his new partner Army, teaching him shady police tactics and seeing how far he'll go to be partnered up. Plus, Aceveda spends his last day trying to bury Vic for good, which makes things difficult for Rawling trying to take his place.

b: 22-Mar-2005 pc: 5012-04-402
23470, Aceveda man....someone needs to knock his block off.
Posted by LA2Philly, Tue Mar-22-05 07:41 PM
That blowjob shit got him twisted as hell, imagine if they woulda had more alone time with him....
23471, Shane ain't gonna make it halfway through the season...
Posted by sithlord, Tue Mar-22-05 11:08 PM
Dude's like Vic without any brains or restraint.
Aceveda's losin' it, gettin hot off that rape video and then taking the shit with him when he leaves.
Claudette and Dutch's banter make the show IMO.
Anybody peep the douve cover dude from the Mickey D's commercial as a pimp tonight? "A decorative sham...blah, blah blah".

"...most sistahs only recognize a good
man when he's a character in a shitty
movie, a shitty play, their favorite
daytime soap or a shitty book written
by a homosexual."
From Reggie Eggert's online review of
"Diary of a Mad Black Woman"

"Ern
23472, Great episode tonight
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Mar-23-05 12:30 AM
Dont want to give any spoilers (like they havent already been given) but yeah, good stuff.
23473, March 22, 2005 SPOILERS BELOW
Posted by nipsey, Wed Mar-23-05 02:02 AM
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

The Shield March 22, 2005

1. “This program is rated MA-LSV” I missed this at the beginning of last week’s episode. Why don’t they just say, “This isht ain’t for kids!”?

2. All four members of the strike team in the barn at the same time. This is like the Beatles reuniting (despite the handicap of having two dead members) or at the very least…the Fugees.

3. Boy, Gilroy fell hard didn’t he?

4. “Money and pussy make men do evil isht.” Think about that Shane!

5. Aceveda needs to stop bad mouthing Vic. He looked the other way when Vic was doing his dirt because Vic got results.

6. “Hold that lie!”

7. Oooh Vic ran that fool off the road.

8. How many times is Vic gonna make somebody vomit?

9. “Hey! Clean up in aisle 4”

10. “I just need a pussy ain’t so stretched.”

11. Dutch got Jungle Fever. He likes the “sisters”.

12. Shane is straight corrupting Armando. I guess Army :: Shane as Shane :: Vic.

13. Ahh…the Money Train plot just won’t die.

14. Ooooookay. Aceveda got problems! You think Dutch killing a cat was bad? How bout getting off on watching a rape? And taking it home for his own personal porn collection?

15. Wow. Shane is dirty and in cahoots with Antwoine Mitchell. Didn’t see that one coming.

16. Grade: A-
23474, I'll just cosign on all your comments...
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Mar-23-05 02:09 AM
And add:

I'm really digging Glenn Close's character.

I predict that Shane will be dead or at least critically injured by the middle of the season.

Aceveda getting off on that rape tape makes me want to go take a shower. *shudders*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23475, i think...
Posted by phenompyrus, Wed Mar-23-05 04:40 PM
that shane is either gonna get fucked up by vic, or the two will reunite.
23476, I actually fell asleep during last night's show
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Mar-23-05 04:31 PM
Then again, I was kinda groggy before the show started. 

I am somewhat tired of seeing Glenn Close's face two episodes
into the new season. That halfway smile she has on her face 
in most of her scenes due to old age or botox or whatever the
case is is somewhat annoying. And I'm kinda tired of seeing
Shane right now, even moreso because he is responsible for
Tayvon not being on the show anymore, assuming Tayvon was
written out since the Strike Team is dead and there's no need
for him. 

And I also get the feeling the show is going to overdo the
internal clashes due to politics and shy away from the
personal defects of the different personel on the show, which
is think is a major mistake. But time will tell.
23477, I missed Episode 2. Does anyone know when it will re-air?
Posted by Queal Jay, Wed Mar-23-05 04:49 PM
nm
23478, RE: I missed Episode 2. Does anyone know when it will re-air?
Posted by nipsey, Wed Mar-23-05 07:15 PM
Friday, 25
11:00 PM
The Shield: Grave
FX

Sunday, 27
10:00 PM

Monday, 28
10:00 PM

23479, The previews for the 3rd(?) episode...
Posted by Snow_Flow, Sun Mar-27-05 05:33 PM
Looks to be very very promising. Looks like Vick will be whooping some ass. All gang and drug related crimes are giong through him now : )

Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

23480, RE: Official 'The Shield' Season 4 Post
Posted by nipsey, Tue Mar-29-05 11:15 AM
Don't forget about tonight's episode. SPOILERS BELOW

44. Bang

With Farmington on the brink of a gang war, Monica and Vic race to find the catalyst and stop the bloodshed, enlisting Antwon's help along the way. Still in the doghouse, Dutch decides to take action in thawing the relationship between Claudette and the D.A. Danny and Julien get up close and personal with the Farmington 1-Niners, while Monica looks to Vic for support when the implementation of her property seizure policy challenges her morality.

http://stephenbattorneyatlaw.blogspot.com|My Blog

23481, The Shield "Bang" March 29, 2005
Posted by nipsey, Wed Mar-30-05 03:43 AM
The Shield March 29, 2005

1. Claudette ain’t too happy about having to report to Vic!

2. “They run one of two ways. The pussy they getting into or the pussy they came out of.” © Vic Mackey

3. “Naw we got a circle jerk jumpin’ off. Why don’t you grab some Vaseline and join in?”

4. Claudette needs to apologize already.

5. Yo that video was W I L D!

6. I’m unemployed….I finally figure out what my problem is. I need a “resume” like my man Choppa!

7. Aww…Dutch. You done said the wrong thing. Even the brotha looked at him like WTF? And Monica nipped that in the bud. She addressed that issue with the quickness.

8. Takin’ that house is sooo wrong.

9. I like that promo for that Steven Bochco show, “Over There”. It looks interesting.

10. Um..I think Momma is pissed.

11. Vic is trying hard to get Shane back. He gotta keep his eye on that boy.

12. Dutch making deals so he can get back to work. His “controlling” Claudette ain’t going to turn out well.

13. Grade: B

23482, SPOILERS
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Mar-30-05 03:48 AM
I think Claudette just aint happy, period. Cause she is definitely not pleased with being under Glen Close. That video was hilarious though. And was it just me or did Shane's wife look strung the fuck out? This episode was good, I will agree with a B, but next week's episode looks crazy.
23483, I will probably be the only one the say this
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Mar-30-05 09:09 AM
But I think the Glenn Close decision was a horrible one and
the show is suffering in part from it. Everytime she is on the
screen, I wonder what her purpose is besides her first and
last name on the credits. Just not very convincing to me in
terms of the authority and clash of power her character is
supposed to provide for the show. And I know this is a minor
detail and I guess reading theses boards for the two or so
years its been in existance made me more perceptive of this
kind of stuff, but it bothered me that she chose to wear
shades during the scene when she had to sign off on taking the
house. Weak job on hiding her eyes in what was an important
scene. And to further nitpick, it seems her face is only able
to do that inappropiate half smile I noticed in past episodes
and the stone wall non-emotive crap she did when the evicted
mother came in her face. Overall, the show feels very
disjointed and rushed together. I'm wondering how the writers
will incorporate the private lives of the various police onto
the show at the rate things are going so far. I guess I will
still watch this show since I hardly watch TV in general and
need something to entertain me aside from video games and
DVDs.

The one positive aspect to last night's show of course was
the rap/skin DVD. Very funny stuff.
23484, i agree.
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Thu Mar-31-05 12:44 PM

23485, RE: i agree.
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Mar-31-05 12:57 PM
Just curious, how long have you been watching the show?
23486, I suspect Botox is playing a role...
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Apr-06-05 11:35 AM
lol. 

But nah, I actually like Glenn Close in this role thus far. 

>Weak job on hiding her eyes in what was an important
>scene. And to further nitpick, it seems her face is only
able
>to do that inappropiate half smile I noticed in past
episodes
>and the stone wall non-emotive crap she did when the
evicted
>mother came in her face. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23487, RE: I suspect Botox is playing a role...
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Apr-06-05 04:00 PM
I have to say that I did like yesterday's episode. And you
want to know what one good reason why it was up to snuff?
Brickface's mug wasn't on the camera for extended periods. 

I hope this season Claudette isn't written as being just a one
dimensional bitter character. 

>lol. 
>
>But nah, I actually like Glenn Close in this role thus
far. 
>
>>Weak job on hiding her eyes in what was an important
>>scene. And to further nitpick, it seems her face is
only
>able
>>to do that inappropiate half smile I noticed in past
>episodes
>>and the stone wall non-emotive crap she did when the
evicted
>>mother came in her face. 
>
>~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
>
>My diminutive DVD collection: 
>http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=kurlyswirl
23488, LOL
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Apr-06-05 04:26 PM
I take it Brickface = Aceveda? Yeah, dude could use some
microdermabrasion, lol. 

>I hope this season Claudette isn't written as being just a
one
>dimensional bitter character. 

Me, too. I'm not liking her attitude at all this season.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23489, RE: LOL
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Apr-06-05 06:38 PM
No, Brickface is Glenn Close's character. I guess I should
have said Stoneface, but I was at work at the time and had to
rush the response.

>I take it Brickface = Aceveda? Yeah, dude could use some
>microdermabrasion, lol. 
>
>
>>I hope this season Claudette isn't written as being
just a
>one
>>dimensional bitter character. 
>
>Me, too. I'm not liking her attitude at all this season.
>
>~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
>
>My diminutive DVD collection: 
>http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=kurlyswirl
23490, Ah, okay...lol.
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Apr-06-05 06:45 PM
>No, Brickface is Glenn Close's character. I guess I should
>have said Stoneface, but I was at work at the time and had
to
>rush the response.

Yeah, I would've gotten it with "Stoneface." :-)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23491, i missed every epsidoe until tonight
Posted by lyricistfan, Wed Mar-30-05 02:14 PM
i think i am going to get back with this show
23492, they need to bring back tayvon
Posted by grendel, Wed Mar-30-05 04:18 PM
23493, he WILL show up
Posted by Calico, Thu Mar-31-05 12:15 PM
just a question of when....they brough Gilroy back so anything's possible...
23494, 4/5/05 Summary
Posted by nipsey, Tue Apr-05-05 09:03 PM
45. Doghouse

When Monica puts Vic on the trail of an escaped fugitive in Farmington, he must continue to prove his worth while playing it straight. Claudette gets suspicious of the D.A's motives when she and Dutch are assigned to investigate a major drug dealer who ends up being a minor offender. David seeks an illicit outlet for the troubling feelings caused by his rape. Vic decides to bring Shane closer as his fears about Shane's connection to Antwon Mitchell rise.

b: 05-Apr-2005 pc: 5012-04-404

23495, The best thing about this season
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Apr-06-05 12:00 AM
Is that every single episode gets better then the last.
Next week's episode looks fucking great.

Best line tonight:
"Yeah, he might still be packin"

well, that or:
"Huh. That's funny"
"Not really."
23496, Aceveda, man...
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Apr-06-05 11:40 AM
The guy just keeps spiraling down with every episode.

I predicted Shane would be dead by mid-season. Looks like he may be damn close to it next week!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23497, RE: Aceveda, man...
Posted by djprimo99, Wed Apr-06-05 11:50 AM
Yeah boy is it gonna be a mess for him when the photos of him giving head to a junkie and him seeing a prostitute all surface.
23498, This season on 'The Shield': Shit officially hits the fan
Posted by DubSpt, Thu Apr-07-05 07:44 AM
Shane is fucking things up big time with himself and everybody else. I don't think he's gonna die, cause Shane cant die, but somebody has to die this season. I don't know who (hopefully not Ronnie, thats my boy) but somebody has to go. And yeah... Aceveda is fuckin up! Stealing that surveillance rape footage? Fucking around with a hooker? Oh and by the way, after awhile he's gonna start leaving bruises. Next episode is gonna be that fire!
23499, RE: This season on 'The Shield': Shit officially hits the fan
Posted by kurlyswirl, Thu Apr-07-05 03:33 PM
> I don't think he's gonna die, cause Shane
>cant die, but somebody has to die this season.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh. :-D

I don't know
>who (hopefully not Ronnie, thats my boy) but somebody has to
>go.

I hope it's not Ronnie, either. He's the hottest guy on the show, lol. (Which really isn't saying much, come to think of it.)

Best not be Lem, either.

And yeah... Aceveda is fuckin up! Stealing that
>surveillance rape footage? Fucking around with a hooker? Oh
>and by the way, after awhile he's gonna start leaving bruises.

Yep, he's not going to be satisfied with a little slapping and light choking for long.

His wife should be ashamed of herself for not supporting him. She's almost as responsible for where he's headed as he is, as far as I'm concerned.

> Next episode is gonna be that fire!

Yep! Can't wait.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23500, The Shield April 5, 2005
Posted by nipsey, Thu Apr-07-05 02:15 AM
The Shield April 5, 2005

1. So Aceveda is going to start trolling for hookers now to get back his mojo?

2. Shane is turning Army into “Mini-Shane”.

3. Are Vic’s daughter and Driscoll’s (“24”) daughter separated at birth? Because they’re both pretty crazy.

4. Quote of the day nominee #1: “I sucked his dick and then he did me from behind.”

5. This storlyine sounds eerily like the Brian Nichols thing.

6. Quote of the day nominee #2: “Antwon: We’ve got these cops coming after us like stormtroopers. Shane: Well I’m your Luke Skywalker.”

7. Oooh Rawlings and Aceveda are going back and forth. She sees right through him.

8. This rapist’s name is Ruiz. He’s Latino. And these people chase down an Asian delivery guy? LOL!

9. Quote of the day nominee #3 “You can slap. But you can’t leave bruises.”

10. Aceveda’s face lit up like a Christmas tree when she told him the rules. He’s happier than a dog in a fire hydrant factory.

11. Shane’s back in the Barn. Now Vic can keep his eye on him.

12. Grade: B+ This episode was good. It had a nice mix of dirty talk, police politics, backdoor deals, and dog testicle eating. Next week’s ep looks to be the best of the season.

23501, I can't wait to see Shane's racist bitch ass get fucked up next wk.
Posted by Queal Jay, Thu Apr-07-05 02:53 PM
The addition of Anthony Anderson's character this season is a stroke of genius.

The jury is out on Glenn Close's character for me as well. Her portrayal is so unemotional and stone-faced that it seems forced and unrealistic. I guess it's too early in the game to assess her character but they need to develop it more.

The Shield is a great show, but I'm always conflicted watching it because it just boils down to crooked cops who get away with murder, good cops who get fucked, and Blacks and Latinos who are victims and criminals. Sometimes it gets under my skin and pisses me off.
23502, Co-sign
Posted by gmltheone, Thu Apr-07-05 03:53 PM
>The addition of Anthony Anderson's character this season is a
>stroke of genius.
>
>The jury is out on Glenn Close's character for me as well.
>Her portrayal is so unemotional and stone-faced that it seems
>forced and unrealistic. I guess it's too early in the game to
>assess her character but they need to develop it more.

Glenn is not bad, but so far she brings nothing to the table.

"I don't wanna go to no tie dye country club, ya freak bitch!" - Franklin
23503, gotta co-sign on Anthony as Antwan.....
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Apr-08-05 08:15 PM
he's doing that role SO well (at this point he has me thinking he may have been the PERFECT man for the role, i cant imagine any other cat doing it like he has) and the character really adds another in depth character but to the gangs insider side. Just GREAT.
23504, Help me out here
Posted by TeamRamRod, Fri Apr-08-05 10:22 PM
i missed a handfull of episodes at the end of season 3 so maybe you all could clear a few things up for me...

1) what the hell happened? last time i watched, Vic, Shane, Ronnie, and Lemonhead were all tight. Start of season 4 Shane isnt even working for Vic anymore, and he's got beef with Lem. I assume it has something to do with Shane's dumb wife stealing some of the money train cash, but what exactly happened?

2) Is the money gone? I heard something about Lem burning the cash, but that doesnt really make any sense, so what happened with that?

3) What happened to the geek that was dating Mackeys wife?

I tried googling this stuff, but couldnt find much.
23505, RE: Help me out here
Posted by nipsey, Sat Apr-09-05 01:09 AM
>i missed a handfull of episodes at the end of season 3 so
>maybe you all could clear a few things up for me...
>
>1) what the hell happened? last time i watched, Vic, Shane,
>Ronnie, and Lemonhead were all tight. Start of season 4 Shane
>isnt even working for Vic anymore, and he's got beef with Lem.
> I assume it has something to do with Shane's dumb wife
>stealing some of the money train cash, but what exactly
>happened?

I'll see what I can remember. Well, the feds were closing in on the missing Armenian money and the Armenians were closing in as well. The Armenians were cutting peoples' feet off left and right in a search for their cash. The Strike Team framed this repeat offender felon for the stolen cash and Lem felt bad about an innocent guy getting arrested for it. Plus the Armenians found the guy thinking he was the one that stole the money, so they killed him. That made Lem feel worse. LOL! Shane's girlfriend/became wife and found out about the money and gave some to her mother. This exposed the Strike Team even more. Plus Lem found out that she and Shane were involved with Tayvon going to the hospital. All this pressure was too much for Lem so he took most of the money and burned it. The other three didn't take too kindly to all that money going up to smoke. Thus, the strike team broke up like the Beatles with Mara playing Yoko.

>2) Is the money gone? I heard something about Lem burning the
>cash, but that doesnt really make any sense, so what happened
>with that?
>

See above.

>3) What happened to the geek that was dating Mackeys wife?

Vic made his wife fire the guy and stop dating him. They never showed him after that. Since he was a good therapist for his crazy kid, the kid started to regress into his previous behavior.

>I tried googling this stuff, but couldnt find much.

Try this site. http://www.tvtome.com/Shield/season3.html#ep27

23506, RE: Help me out here
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Apr-13-05 07:55 AM
>>3) What happened to the geek that was dating Mackeys
wife?
>
>Vic made his wife fire the guy and stop dating him.  They
>never showed him after that.  Since he was a good
therapist
>for his crazy kid, the kid started to regress into his
>previous behavior.

The show is also notorious for dropping storylines,
particularly when the storylines deal with the
detective's/police's private lives.
23507, Dutch is "hungry like the wolf"(c) Duran Duran
Posted by radin, Tue Apr-12-05 09:15 PM
23508, That was really clever...
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Apr-13-05 11:20 PM
...when you think about how Simon LeBon was chasing a black woman in the video. Hilarious.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"i highly doubt sticking a chocolate bar up her ass is going to solve any problems." - okp daveyg
23509, The best line in the history of The Shield
Posted by radin, Tue Apr-12-05 10:01 PM
Anthong Anderson said to Shane...."from now on I say suck my sick you say do you want me to lick your balls daddy"
23510, RE: The best line in the history of The Shield
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Apr-13-05 07:58 AM
>Anthong Anderson said to Shane...."from now on I say
suck my
>sick you say do you want me to lick your balls daddy"

Claudette's "I am the struggle" line was pretty
nice.
23511, RE: The best line in the history of The Shield
Posted by Brother_Afron, Wed Apr-13-05 01:35 PM
co-sign that shit.

Julian was trying to run a guilt trip on the first black
person in that precint. Da fuck was he thinking?
23512, :o = me after tonights episode
Posted by DubSpt, Tue Apr-12-05 10:49 PM
Tonights episode was, as I predicted, fucking great.

"The gifts are for what we do in there, not the small talk" ahahahaha.

I love that Aceveda is becoming more and more of an absolutely dispicable character; it only makes me love his character even more.

Finally it looks like this season might include more Julian, and I cannot wait. Looks like he just might put his foot down a bit next episode. Excellent.

Claudette... you my girl. I love you.

Glen Close's character seems to really care about the people in the barn, but still is a bit blind to the people outside of it.

Antwan. This cat definitely has way more of a psychological mind then the previous cats. I mean Armadillo really put the squeeze on them, but it looks like Antwan is really gonna do some damage.

I maintain that Army will die. No question about it.

I still hope that Shane's wife is a junky, and we'll find out her supplier is one of Antwan's and Antwan will find out who she is and hold it over Shane.

Man, this season just gets better and better with each episode.
23513, RE: Official 'The Shield' Season 4 Post
Posted by nipsey, Wed Apr-13-05 01:22 AM
The Shield April 12, 2005

1. Aceveda needs help. Seriously. This dude needs to call Dr. Ruth or Dr. Drew or Dr. Phil or somebody.

2. She called Antoine out!

3. Why is Aceveda hating on this seizure program? Oh yeah, he’s a politician.

4. Poor Dutchboy! Vic playing the part of Roger Lodge.

5. “Just attack it. Like you’re hungry. Like the wolf.”

6. After watching the “Wire” I just can’t believe that they would have Shane and Antoine talking shop over open phone lines.

7. LOL! They hit Army with a chair!

8. Antoine ain’t no JOKE!

9. Okay, Shane is a pussy if he doesn’t step up now. He let that girl get killed.

10. That’s what he gets for trying to be Vic junior. Then again, Vic did kill a fellow cop in cold blood. But I digress…

11. Grade: A That’s what I’m talking about. They just kicked the show up to 5th gear.

XBOX Gamertag: slballer
23514, That line had me dying!!!
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Apr-13-05 11:19 PM
That and something about Shane saying "Ya boy...Holla," cracked me up. :-D

>5. “Just attack it. Like you’re hungry. Like the wolf.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"i highly doubt sticking a chocolate bar up her ass is going to solve any problems." - okp daveyg
23515, Can someone explain in detail Aceveda's issues?
Posted by BigReg, Wed Apr-13-05 08:20 AM
I have only been able to half watch the show, and the last hint I got to see that he was fucked up was the first ep where he was replaying the rape scene they caught on tape.

What happened in the past two episodes>
23516, it's spill over from last season *spoiler*
Posted by radin, Wed Apr-13-05 09:28 AM
Ever since his mouth got raped by those gangsters last season he went off the deep end.....and remember those pictures of him sucking salami are still on the street
23517, RE: Can someone explain in detail Aceveda's issues?
Posted by nipsey, Wed Apr-13-05 10:25 AM
>I have only been able to half watch the show, and the last
>hint I got to see that he was fucked up was the first ep where
>he was replaying the rape scene they caught on tape.
>
>What happened in the past two episodes>

Aceveda got caught in a house with two suspects and one of the suspects raped him. The suspect essentially used Antoine's line. "When I say you suck my dick, you ask do you want me to lick your balls too Daddy?" One of the suspects took pictures of using a cell phone. Later on in the season, Aceveda tracked them down and killed one of the guys I think and found the cell phone with the picture. The guy claims he had another copy of the picture, but Aceveda said he was too stupid to figure out how to download pics from a phone. He told his wife about the rape. She was completely unsympathetic. Therefore he's having sexual/marital problems with her. Ever since, he's become more infatuated with rapes and such. EDIT: Last two episodes: He met a prostitute who agreed to service him in exchange for "gifts". She would allow him to be ROUGH with her, even choking. He just couldn't leave any marks.

23518, good job just left out the one point
Posted by Rajeniro757, Wed Apr-13-05 11:37 AM
i believe the second episode of the season Dutch was working a rape case. A prostitute was raped in the back of a grocery store and the joint was cuaght on tape by a security camera. Dutch was reviewing it to try to get an I.D. on the suspect or the victim. Acerveda tells dutch to make a copy to give to the DA. Acerveda takes the tape and watches it getting a hard on and decides to take the tape when he cleans out his office. This is how the show introduces that Acerveda is now into the whole rape thing.
23519, I missed last night, So what did acevada do w/ the prostitute?
Posted by Snow_Flow, Wed Apr-13-05 01:14 PM
has she serviced him yet? And what was the main climax last night(what was the episode about)?

Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

23520, Aceveda and her simulated rape
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Apr-13-05 02:07 PM
He was on her and she was all screamin "no please dont, stop stop!" but it was fake, just for his pleasure. as to what the episode was about... catch the rerun man, that shit was nice.
23521, That shit was sooooooooo not sexy
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Apr-13-05 09:57 PM
Just a bit jarring, imo. Then again, I don't get down like that. But it goes to show just how screwed up he is and how much shit he has to loose once this gets out (and it will, the way this season is going)
23522, whoa whoa whoa
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Apr-13-05 10:03 PM
I NEVER said that shit was sexy. It was definitely not. And Aceveda is stupid giving her gifts. AND she wants receipts? She is playin him for the fool.
23523, RE: whoa whoa whoa
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Apr-13-05 11:25 PM
>I NEVER said that shit was sexy. It was definitely not. And
>Aceveda is stupid giving her gifts. AND she wants receipts?
>She is playin him for the fool.

I'm guessing she wants receipts so she can return the "gifts" for the money.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23524, Then why not just ask for money?
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Apr-13-05 11:31 PM
She told him she wanted gifts instead of cash. If she wanted cash she could have just gotten it. No, no, no, gifts leave a trail and it WILL come back to Aceveda.
23525, Good point.
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Apr-13-05 11:49 PM
If he ever turns on her and threatens to bust her, she's got ammo. Or she could use it to blackmail him.

>She told him she wanted gifts instead of cash. If she wanted
>cash she could have just gotten it. No, no, no, gifts leave a
>trail and it WILL come back to Aceveda.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23526, exactly
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Apr-13-05 11:58 PM
Here is the thing though: I want it to be her that is setting him up. Cause if they get somebody else to find out about it and expose it using the gifts that he gave her I am going to be mad because they will have set it up waaaaay to obviously. At least with her doing it you can see it as Aceveda being stupid. Otherwise its just "oh they so obviously were just writing for him to get trapped by somebody else" you know what i mean?
23527, Yep, I see what you're sayin'...
Posted by kurlyswirl, Thu Apr-14-05 12:06 AM
It'll definitely be interesting to see how this storyline plays out.

>Here is the thing though: I want it to be her that is setting
>him up. Cause if they get somebody else to find out about it
>and expose it using the gifts that he gave her I am going to
>be mad because they will have set it up waaaaay to obviously.
>At least with her doing it you can see it as Aceveda being
>stupid. Otherwise its just "oh they so obviously were just
>writing for him to get trapped by somebody else" you know what
>i mean?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23528, RE: Then why not just ask for money?
Posted by nipsey, Fri Apr-15-05 07:38 PM
>She told him she wanted gifts instead of cash. If she wanted
>cash she could have just gotten it. No, no, no, gifts leave a
>trail and it WILL come back to Aceveda.

If he pays her in CASH, it's prostitution. Giving her gifts leaves them both covered. Gifts will only leave a trail if doesn't use cash to buy them.

23529, Cosign...
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed Apr-13-05 11:24 PM
I was really disturbed by that scene (even though I figured right off they were role-playing) and for a passing moment I was offended enough to consider whether I wanted to continue watching this show.

Aceveda needs a therapist and an antidepressent, fa real. :-(

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23530, Cot Damn!
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Apr-13-05 01:43 PM
Shane's dumb ass is over a barrel. They are definately setting themselves up for some pretty interesting story lines here. While I'd like to see Shane and his bitch ass wife hang, Antwoine has to get it now, for sure (A.A. should be kissing his agent's ass 24/7 for getting him this job, for real)

Although I can't figure out what they hell they want to do with Julien's character. Is he going back to his wife? Does he still have his homosexual issues to work out? I hav eno problem him trying to go th epro-black route, but he has too many loose strings and unanswered questions with his character for them to add something else before having some continuity questions.

One more thing...Where the hell is Tayvon?
23531, RE: Cot Damn!
Posted by las raises, Wed Apr-13-05 07:47 PM

>Antwoine has to get it now, for sure (A.A. should be kissing
>his agent's ass 24/7 for getting him this job, for real)
>
co sign

>
>One more thing...Where the hell is Tayvon?

yeah where the fuck is Tayvon?
23532, What a fucking episode, lawd, they really kicked it into high gear...
Posted by LA2Philly, Fri Apr-15-05 07:14 PM
First off, the whole scene with Dutch was hilarious and that shit was acted perfectly, great little comedic sketch.

Man o man, Shane is really getting himself fucked and Army along with it (I had to rewind that chair shot at least a good couple times, shit had me dying). You could even see the diff in their personalities when the girl got murked, duke was all teary eyed and shit (maybe it was the chair shot) and Shane really showed no emotion. Thing is, iono, I still kinda like Shane (maybe I just a sucker for nostalgia and for the old days with the whole squad wreaking havoc together), im still hoping duke comes back and gets to really fuck over Antwan.

Speaking of Antwan, GREAT line at the end, and they are finally getting getting gritty with his real personality....shooting that girl, fucking christ, this is prob the most raw the show has ever gone when looking at how merciless cats really are. Anthony does such a good job of Antwan its scary, he is SO perfect for this part, and he does such a great job of playing the two sides of his persona with the protecting the community shit contrasted with his behind the scenes.

That scene with Dutch arguing with Claudette was such a great scene man....I honestly could feel Dutch's pain with the shit he was saying and imo he was def right with that. Claudette on that ego trip, I do enjoy her stance in principle, but at some point you gotta put that shit aside and go make MORE of a difference with better cases.

Macky had me dying when he was beating on that cat upstairs and he mocked him with the "for the homies", bwahahahhahhhaahahhaa, his delivery sealed it.

All in all, this made me remember why I came to love the Shield so much....might be one of the best episodes in the shows history. Man, this show simply is getting too good.
23533, Tonight's (4/19/05) Episode (Possible Spoiler)
Posted by nipsey, Tue Apr-19-05 09:50 AM
Here's a preview:
*47. Insurgents

Vic and Monica stake a deal with the DEA to shut down Mitchell's tar heroin operation. When the bust comes up empty, Vic's suspicions of Shane grow, until Shane proves himself by coming up with a key piece of evidence that reveals a large stash of tar being stored at a local church. Meanwhile, Dutch and Claudette's friendship continues to feel strain as they try to tie a young woman's murder to a suspected serial killer. Plus, Julien takes a stand against Monica's policy, then goes to David for support when she suggests he consider transferring out of Farmington.

b: 19-Apr-2005 pc: 5012-04-406

23534, This episode was decent
Posted by DubSpt, Tue Apr-19-05 11:10 PM
But next week??????? Shit's going down.

Once again this week proved that one thing the Shield always does is have excellent episode endings. I mean damn.

And I have said it before and I will say it again.... Army is dead.

I was talking to some friends and what we decided was that when Antwan propositions Shane and Army to kill Vic, Shane is going to be reluctant and Army is gonna wanna do it so Vic pops Army.
23535, RE: Official 'The Shield' Season 4 Post
Posted by Brother_Afron, Wed Apr-20-05 01:26 AM
Dutch has a fucking deathwish.

You know Vic has mad brutality complaints, got away with robbing a fucking Armenian money train, and hates you're guts so you go and ask his wife out?
23536, yeah dutch's ass is gone. Either that or vic just...
Posted by Snow_Flow, Wed Apr-20-05 07:02 PM
goes off on a tangent or some isht and gets in trouble w/ his ex-wife and maybe even Glen Close's character. But for sure Dutch is dead(figuratively speaking, or am I?)

Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

23537, April 19, 2005
Posted by nipsey, Wed Apr-20-05 02:03 AM
The Shield April 19, 2005

1. Directed by Vondie Curtis Hall.

2. Antwon got Shane by the balls.

3. Quote of the episode nominee: “They’re like tight pussy. Rare and precious.”

4. Alright, Claudette is being petty now.

5. On a related note, Dutch needs to stop trying so hard. Claudette ain’t trying to hear it.

6. Oooh, it’s a cat and mouse game with Vic and Shane. Vic gets intel. Tries to hide it fro Shane. Shane tries keep Antwon protected. Back and Forth. I put my money on Vic.

7. Dutch trying to get back at Vic by going through his old lady? That takes ballz.

8. Man, they broke through a church. I’m glad they found the heroin. That coulda turned out real bad.

9. How Vic gonna get all salty with Dutch after the BS he’s put him through over the years?

10. Rawlings is fair. I gotta give her that. And she ain’t stupid. She knows something is up with Shane and Armey.

11. Vic is gonna have to give up Shane. Most likely scenario is Shane will kill Antwon. He’s got to or everything about the Strike Team will come out. Terry’s murder, the Money Train.

12. Now why is Julian consorting with Aceveda? Julian needs to man up.

13. And the circle is complete. Lem is back!

14. They got you on candid camera Shane!

15. Grade: A Two straight solid episodes. It looks like the show is hitting it’s stride again.

23538, Not as good as last week, but still good
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Apr-20-05 08:40 AM
The shit will hit the fan next week, for sure.

I don't think Army gets killed, at least not just yet. I bet Vic and Shane will patch up some things and figure out a way to pin it on Army. Although I can see Lem getting in the mix and popping Shane in the back. Having Vic decide (grudgingly) to call all the money in to evidence was great.

I'm not feeling Julien consorting with Aceveda at all. But it does set up for some interesting tensions in the barn. I still want them to clear up his character's loose ends. Just having him say 'I'm a changed man' isn't quite good enough for me. It's like his family just dropped off the planet. And for a councilman, Aceveda sure spends a lot of time fucking with people in the barn. How the hell does he get any work done?

And again, Anthony Anderson should be french kissing his agent for getting him this job. Antwan Mitchell ain't no Luther Mahoney (all my Homicide heads represent!) but he for damn sure is doing the damn thing.
23539, RE: Not as good as last week, but still good
Posted by nipsey, Wed Apr-20-05 10:10 AM
>The shit will hit the fan next week, for sure.

No doubt.

>
>I don't think Army gets killed, at least not just yet. I bet
>Vic and Shane will patch up some things and figure out a way
>to pin it on Army. Although I can see Lem getting in the mix
>and popping Shane in the back. Having Vic decide (grudgingly)
>to call all the money in to evidence was great.

Yeah. That was a great scene. Shane looked hurt!

>
>I'm not feeling Julien consorting with Aceveda at all. But it
>does set up for some interesting tensions in the barn. I still
>want them to clear up his character's loose ends. Just having
>him say 'I'm a changed man' isn't quite good enough for me.
>It's like his family just dropped off the planet.

You know that ain't going to happen. It's what "The Shield" does best. It drops storylines like they're hot.

And for a
>councilman, Aceveda sure spends a lot of time fucking with
>people in the barn. How the hell does he get any work done?

Why Aceveda hating so hard? It wasn't like he was thrown out of that job and wants to get back at the new Captain. He got a better gig on the city council. Is he threatened that Rawlings might actually be doing a better job than him in Farmington?

>And again, Anthony Anderson should be french kissing his agent
>for getting him this job. Antwan Mitchell ain't no Luther
>Mahoney (all my Homicide heads represent!) but he for damn
>sure is doing the damn thing.

I *know* you did not mention my boy Luther Mahoney! Naw Antoine ain't no Luther, but he does his thing. Luther had one of the nices lines in Homicide history. Meldrick and Mikey picked Luther up for questioning in some murder sometime in the afternoon. Luther says, "You know me detective. You'll arrest me know, and I'll be buying you a drink tonight." Of course Luther gets off and shows up at "The Waterfront", the bar owned by Meldrick, Bayliss and Munch (a known cop bar) and puts some money down on the bar to buy a drink for Meldrick. CLASSIC!

23540, That shit was so cold!
Posted by spenzalii, Tue Apr-26-05 11:01 AM
I remember that, too. Damn I miss Homicide. But I Digress...
23541, RE: Not as good as last week, but still good
Posted by Snow_Flow, Wed Apr-20-05 07:06 PM
Yep anthony anderson....damn, he's really impressing me(enough to make me wanna check out "kings ransom")

Having Vic decide (grudgingly) to call all the money in to evidence was great.
Yeah that was as funny as hell. Everyone just stares at it for 3 minutes "lets call it in", trunk door slams shut...haha, just great.

Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

23542, Preview of tonight's episode
Posted by nipsey, Tue Apr-26-05 10:44 AM
48. Hurts

gs: Nigel Gibbs (Assistant Chief Roy Phillips) Michael Pena (Armando "Army" Renta) Anthony Anderson (Antwon Mitchell) Lombardo Boyar () Matt Spangler () Giovanni Lopes () Mark Ivanir () Melody Garrett () Bob Rumnock (Paul Sanderson) Sean Blakemore () Garrett M. Brown () Cyd Strittmatter () Jordyn Barber ()

Just as Monica and Vic get close to a big break in the Garage Sting, Chief Phillips unexpectedly hands over the bust to the Organized Crime Unit. He blames the decision on an emerging PR scandal involving a videotape of Vic at the church bust that was leaked to the Assistant Chief through Aceveda's office. Vic uses his leverage with the Byz Lats to find a Russian mob leader before the mobster flees the country. Monica threatens two foster care social workers with jail after a young girl is found close to death in her foster home, then tells Julien if he doesn't put in for a transfer, she'll request one for him herself.

b: 26-Apr-2005 pc: 5012-04-407

NOTE: The original title to this episode was "Hope."

23543, Catherine Dent (Danny Sofer) Interview
Posted by nipsey, Tue Apr-26-05 07:06 PM
http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebgossip/tvginsider/id/04_26_2005_1.html

Shield Star Dishes Close Encounters
by Daniel R. Coleridge

TVGuide.com: Danny's always trying to be understanding of Julian, but he clearly frustrates her.

Catherine Dent: That's a diplomatic way to put it. It's interesting because Michael Jace and I love each other, yet we have to play these conflicted partners. We actually shot this scene last night where we're really upset with other. In our personal lives, we care for each other very deeply. We've been partnered for four years now, so there's definitely a tight bond.

TVG: What's your big conflict nowadays?

Dent: Julian's upset. He's starting to feel like the police property seizures that Capt. Monica Rawling put into place are hurting the community, rather than helping. He has issues with black and Latino people being hurt, because the fictional neighborhood of Farmington, which we police, is predominantly black and Latino. He wants to help the community, and we're at odds about how that should be done. Danny's more pro-Monica . It's frustrating because it's sort of a lose-lose situation. But my husband is a civil rights attorney, so he loves this show because it shows the not-so-great aspects of things.

TVG: How is it "working for" Glenn Close?

Dent: It's fine. She fits right in. It doesn't feel weird. She's just another good player to play with.

TVG: So there's no movie-star diva stuff?

Dent: No, not at all. She sits and plays backgammon in between shots just like we all do. Her daughter's come and hung out on the set. It's very cool. I think people have such a misconception about how actors behave. You hear about divas and tantrums in hotel rooms and things like that, but we're just all working Joes all trying to pay the mortgage and send our kids to school. I hate to dispel the myth!

TVG: People might imagine Glenn Close is scary because she's played formidable women in Fatal Attraction and Dangerous Liaisons...

Dent: ...and Cruella de Vil in 101 Dalmatians! She's thin, petite, fair and blond. She's not this menacing creature! That's all smoke and mirrors and makeup. And she was nervous about coming on this show because we're a tight-knit group. We've been together for four years. That's hard for anybody to step into — I don't care how big your britches are — especially when it's senior year, and you're the new girl coming in as head cheerleader!

TVG: Anything happening with the recurring attraction between Danny and Vic?

Dent: Usually we revisit that once a season. It's kind of this weird tease the writers do where Vic and Danny do this little dance... We've got another little tryst coming up. Danny's clearly lonely.

TVG: So does Vic catch her at a vulnerable moment?

Dent: I don't know that he catches her at a vulnerable moment. It definitely won't be a domestic scene at home, let me put it that way. It's one of The Shield's trademark shockers where it comes out of nowhere. Danny is no shrinking violet.

TVG: Oh, so it's Miss Danny who initiates some action with Vic?

Dent: I think so, yeah.

TVG: Well, Danny's a woman who knows what she wants.

Dent: Exactly, which I think is pretty sexy.

TVG: At least Vic is single now!

Dent: Exactly. My father will have an easier time watching the show. The first season, I heard, "I can't believe you're with a married man." I said, "Daddy, that's not me, that's my character!"

TVG: So where is Danny going in her career?

Dent: Danny would like more action, other than just answering domestic calls where husbands and wives are beating each other up. Supposedly, Danny failed the detective's exam the only time she's taken it. Maybe there'll be an opportunity for her to take it again.

TVG: You had a budding romance with Dutch (Jay Karnes) last season when he was tutoring Danny for that exam. It seemed to fizz out before anything really happened, though.

Dent: Yeah, they do that a lot. They introduce things, drop it and then reintroduce it.

TVG: So were you disappointed you didn't become a couple?

Dent: With Dutch? No! Jay Karnes reminds me so much of my big brother in real life. Every time we started to fake kiss, I would get the giggles because I felt like I was kissing my brother! It was a little too close to home for me.

23544, Holy Spoilers!!
Posted by radin, Wed Apr-27-05 09:19 AM
Vic and Danny gettin dirty
23545, April 26, 2005: Random Thoughts as I watch this episode
Posted by nipsey, Wed Apr-27-05 04:15 AM
April 26, 2005

1. Alright Aceveda has got to go. He's being an a-hole. He's just mad that the cops probably like Rawlings better and she would probably do a better job than he did.

2.Dutch: "What's she doing?" Claudette: "Standing on her soapbox." Dutch: "Does she have her own or are you letting her borrow yours?"

3. Okay, this dude raped a 7 year old girl. Quote of the Episode Nominee #1--> "When am I going to get some? When am I going to bust a nut?"

4. Quote of the Episode Nominee #2--> "I told her I was going to help her with History. Yeah, the History of poppin' cherries."

5. Julian got issues. Get with the program or get out. You're not helping the situation by running some guy in for bootleg videos.

6. Vic looked hurt when he saw that tape. Like his dog died or something.

7. Quote of the Episode Nominee #3-->"I gave you power. I gave you respect. Keep your mouth shut before you lose both."

8. LOL! Vic does not trust Shane! "I'm gonna walk." He ain't trying to go nowhere alone with Shane.

9. It looks the old Vic is back. He's got no choice. Rawlings is pulling him off the seizures, Shane is trying to kill him, and Dutch is making moves on his wife. That's enough to make any bad cop relapse.

10.Grade: B

23546, yeah whats up with Dutch he gonna die doing that shit!
Posted by Rajeniro757, Wed Apr-27-05 07:38 AM
i mean mackey ex please he better off trying to fuck glenn close
23547, No holds barred!
Posted by radin, Wed Apr-27-05 09:21 AM

>9. It looks the old Vic is back. He's got no choice.
>Rawlings is pulling him off the seizures, Shane is trying to
>kill him, and Dutch is making moves on his wife. That's
>enough to make any bad cop relapse.
>
23548, 1 question...
Posted by Snow_Flow, Wed Apr-27-05 11:45 AM
>April 26, 2005
>5. Julian got issues. Get with the program or get out.
>You're not helping the situation by running some guy in for
>bootleg videos.

I on't know...breaking the law is breaking the law. I saw it as treating everyone as equal...maybe not fair, but equal.
>
>6. Vic looked hurt when he saw that tape. Like his dog died
>or something.

no doubt, if you can't trust your "partner", hes the only 1 who's got your back for god sakes.
>
>8. LOL! Vic does not trust Shane! "I'm gonna walk." He ain't
>trying to go nowhere alone with Shane.

yeah that was great, and he let shane go ahead of him when they were spying on the cigarette sting.
>
>9. It looks the old Vic is back. He's got no choice.
>Rawlings is pulling him off the seizures, Shane is trying to
>kill him, and Dutch is making moves on his wife. That's
>enough to make any bad cop relapse.

Yep yep, splitin headz is next.

My one question...why was that scene at the end in there "I'm a cop, now get that light out of my face!" I didn't really get that. Is he saying, because he's a cop, he supposedly can't break the law and/or do anything wrong?
23549, RE: 1 question...
Posted by nipsey, Thu Apr-28-05 01:56 PM
>>April 26, 2005
>>5. Julian got issues. Get with the program or get out.
>>You're not helping the situation by running some guy in for
>>bootleg videos.
>
>I on't know...breaking the law is breaking the law. I saw it
>as treating everyone as equal...maybe not fair, but equal.
>>

My problem with what Julian did was that he did it *just* to make a point. He didn't do it because all perps should be treated equally. In some ways he's doing the same thing Rawlings/police are doing with the seizures. Dani was a little overzealous in busting that brotha because she had an incentive to be more of a stickler for the rules. All property involved with drug cases can be seized. Also, getting that new ride for Vic. Julian's motiviation for being hard on the guy with the DVDs was that he wanted to make a point to Dani about how they're treating the brothas. Both sides' actions are motivated by something other than righteousness.

23550, they fucking with the black kids this season! I count 7 so far in 4 episodes
Posted by Rajeniro757, Wed Apr-27-05 07:44 AM
1. the kid in the store with the mustard bottle
2.Shot antwans drug dealer on the motercycle
3. The two brothers cant be in the same place at one time becuase og new gang law
4.The Girl that was trying to help her mom shot by antwan
5. Girl raped, drano burnt up her throat
6. dude from chicago got his car ceased
7. arrested dude in the church

damn!
23551, It's definitely on purpose
Posted by DubSpt, Wed Apr-27-05 01:16 PM
Cause then you start thinking like Julian. You know, "Damn they do go after black folks a lot." Sure they went after black folks before, but even then not as much as now. They want you on Julian's side I think. Or at least I feel like I definitely agree with Julian. I mean, its a hard thing cause I feel like Glen Close's character doesn't look at it as any kind of racism, but I think Julian was good to really crack down on that white guy with the open container. Like somebody else said, it may not have been fair, but it was equal.
23552, zactly...and that was me.
Posted by Snow_Flow, Wed Apr-27-05 01:49 PM

Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

23553, Welcome to L.A.P.D. policing policies
Posted by Queal Jay, Thu Apr-28-05 01:02 PM
That's why for me The Shield is brilliant and angering all at once. The depictions of Farmington are very realistic when you look at LAPD, the CRASH anti-gang unit, the Rampart District, and so on. And it's been that way for years. And now with LA becoming even more and more Latino/Mexican, brothers are really getting fucked with, gang violence is on the rise, the whole nine. It's like the 80's all over again. It's crazy.

So even though it's nonsensical and twisted, I root for Antwan Mitchell to get Shane caught up in the twist despite the fact that he is the worst kind of brother. And Julian bustin down the white dude with an open container to make a point was classic and necessary. Even though this show is brilliant I DO get tired of seeing brothers getting fucked up weekly. It's funny cause The Wire never bothers me like this, maybe because the story is told so lyrically and it unfolds slowly so everything that happens is justified. The Shield is just so raw and bang-bang-in-your-face that it's just jarring.

That mustard shit in the convenience store was some of the most graphic and nastiest shit I've ever seen on television. So inhumane.

But...I'll be tuning in next week...
23554, I feel you on this...
Posted by kurlyswirl, Thu Apr-28-05 01:12 PM

>It's funny cause The Wire never bothers me like this, maybe
>because the story is told so lyrically and it unfolds slowly
>so everything that happens is justified. The Shield is just
>so raw and bang-bang-in-your-face that it's just jarring.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

23555, damn thats why aint going to cali til i get some rich white friends!
Posted by Rajeniro757, Thu Apr-28-05 02:19 PM
i mean who knows i may do some drinking . not much of a smoker but i aint trying to get looked up on some American Me/American history X shit.
23556, I ain't rich, but I am white, so if you got money...lemme know ; )
Posted by Snow_Flow, Thu Apr-28-05 03:28 PM
23557, L.A. is still the shit though IMO
Posted by Queal Jay, Thu Apr-28-05 03:32 PM
I haven't lived there since '84, but most of my fam is still there. Whenever I go back to visit, I get the serious jones to move back until I talk to my sister and my brother in law and they tell me story after story about brothers getting pulled over and harrassed by cops, or I hear about how my teenage cousins are getting fucked with at school by some other brothers over bullshit. It just depresses me.

And you would not believe how the influx of Mexicans have totally changed the city, man. South Central L.A. is damn near all Latino now. It's wild, but shit it WAS their land first so I guess they're just reclaiming it.

But it's a beautiful city full of cool ass people, bad ass broads, good weed and a bunch of shit to get into. Whatever type of crowd or shit you wanna get into (bougie, ghetto, kufi, celebrity, hippy, collegiate, punked out, surfer, weeded, etc.) it's there. And whenever I go, I never get fucked with by anybody (maybe cause I'm older now) so don't start no static...won't be no static.

I guess no matter how fucked up a place is, if you grew up there you will love it anyway.
23558, RE: Welcome to L.A.P.D. policing policies
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Apr-28-05 02:59 PM
>That mustard shit in the convenience store was some of the
>most graphic and nastiest shit I've ever seen on
television. 
>So inhumane.

What are you refering to? Which episode was this?
23559, March 22nd Ep (the one you fell asleep on LOL)
Posted by Queal Jay, Thu Apr-28-05 03:20 PM

23560, GOTDAMN! I missed that shit!
Posted by Snow_Flow, Thu Apr-28-05 03:29 PM
Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

23561, Thanks. Good memory on my sleeping habits. n/m
Posted by Numba_33, Mon May-02-05 11:32 AM

23562, Up 2 days in advance for this tuesdays episode....
Posted by LA2Philly, Sun May-01-05 05:51 PM
Its gonna be RIDICULOUS, gotdamn, Vick is about to go back into the deep end with all the shit flying around him and then the face-face with Shane....everything has been building to this point.
23563, 05/03
Posted by SammyJankis, Tue May-03-05 10:05 PM
acaveda's whore "that sounds like a bitch move to me"
antwon's second in command "that asshole shot me"

man that shit was funny it reminded me of pulp fiction.

army "i didn't mean it"

acaveda man that dude is gonna loose everything. he talking a lot of shit back at the barn and then going off to do dirt with ol' girl. she got his head blown the hell up. something gonna happen soon with that mess.

i think shane made a mistake with that dump. that seemed too much of an easy way out.

vic back in the kitty with danny. and right outside the captins house. shame shame shame.

it about to be a war with antwan and the strike team. somebody's not going to make it.

two week for a new episode.

did anyone else notice that the shield shares a simularity with the wire that that neither shows use music except for what plays in the background of cars or houses, etc. i like both shows better that way its more realistic.

this is turning out to be a great season.
23564, RE: 05/03
Posted by grandmasterfletch, Tue May-03-05 11:12 PM
acevedo's hoe screamin "you're too big owwwwwwwwww" was hilarious.
ish gonna get ugly with that hoe, she's gonna get her payback.
Vick looked shook in that preview for the ep in 2 weeks when the narrator says dirt is gonna be brought up from the past.

"You're outta your element"

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/4325541
23565, this season could be the best
Posted by rjc27, Wed May-04-05 10:04 AM

season 2 was amazing one of my fave seasons on any show ever, this season has potential to match it, so much tension, the last however many episodes are gonna keep on the edge of my sheet the whole time..

and if theres one thing this show has mastered was how to end each episode with great confrontations, from the end of season 2, to the one last year where lem was tryin to burn the money, to vic vs shane last night...

my only beef is having to wait 2 weeks dammit, the shield on tuesday nights is the only excuse to not be to pissed when the weekend is over....
23566, RE: 05/03
Posted by nipsey, Wed May-04-05 10:54 AM
>acaveda's whore "that sounds like a bitch move to me"
>antwon's second in command "that asshole shot me"
>
>man that shit was funny it reminded me of pulp fiction.

Me too. I mean, he put the gun down, how did he end up shooting him? At least Vincent twitched when the car hit a bump! That's more excusable. Notice how scared he was when he thought Antoine wanted Shane to kill him?

23567, May 3, 2005 Random Thoughts
Posted by nipsey, Wed May-04-05 10:39 AM
The Shield May 3, 2005

1. Aceveda and his girlfriend: You mad?

2. Aceveda needs to stop hatin' on Vic. Please, it's getting old.

3. Dutch Boy. “I gotta say you play with fire you get burned.” “Explain” “You don’t go around having dinner with Vic Mackey’s old bride.” “What Dinner? Dinner’s nothing. I go to dinner with my mother.”

4. Armey: It’s called a “safety” use it.

5. Shane is pretty soft. He’s always talking this mess about Antoine to his underlings. Never to Antoine himself. Antoine is right, “When I say you suck my dick, you ask ‘do you want me to lick your balls too Daddy’?”

6. “You might be smart, but you’re not criminal smart and you’re a terrible liar.”

7. Shane crying like a little girl. He’s hit rock bottom. Now Shane is professing his love for Vic! Aww….Isn’t that sweet?

8. Grade: B Man, why we gotta wait two weeks? Cause that looks like a great episode.

23568, naw, it was a C to C+, but my thoughts...
Posted by Snow_Flow, Wed May-04-05 11:31 AM

>7. Shane crying like a little girl. He’s hit rock bottom.
>Now Shane is professing his love for Vic! Aww….Isn’t that
>sweet?

well shit dude, he's going to die. I thought it WAS pretty pathetic of him though, pretending he can run shit w/o vic, then crawling back to him. But damn the dude is going to die, what else can he do but cry? This next episode(in 2 weeks, why is that?) Is going to be one of the best. The Strike team better be throwin bow's w/ Antwon. And I gave it a lower grade cuz...nothing really exciting happened, the showdown at the end was pretty disapointing. THe only cool thing is that the cap'n moved to the hood.

oh and I loved the part were vic strolls into ANtwon's house
"your door was open, I wanted to make sure you were alright" haha.

23569, what about acerveda going ape shit
Posted by Rajeniro757, Wed May-04-05 12:14 PM
he track dudes info and got all pissed. I'm your first raper you can't kick me out for another! Dude is getting really dangerous and it's gonna catch him hard.
23570, yeah but that doesn't change the grade.
Posted by Snow_Flow, Wed May-04-05 02:47 PM
23571, RE: May 3, 2005 Random Thoughts
Posted by Rajeniro757, Wed May-04-05 12:19 PM

>
>5. Shane is pretty soft. He’s always talking this mess about
>Antoine to his underlings. Never to Antoine himself. Antoine
>is right, “When I say you suck my dick, you ask ‘do you want
>me to lick your balls too Daddy’?”
>
shane be testing the waters with Antoine but aint no way he gonna talk to him like he did the first two episodes. Those days are long gone. Not really soft but smart because it would end in two ways. 1. Antione is gonna bring the body of the girl to the police with their bullets in her. Then fuck with shane's family. or 2. Kill shane on the spot and fuck with his family.

Tell you this though Mexican dude(shane's partner)is gonna turn on him.
23572, I could see army doing that cuz shane don't tel him shit.
Posted by Snow_Flow, Wed May-04-05 02:49 PM

Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

23573, Observations (5/3)
Posted by Pamalama, Wed May-04-05 11:01 AM
Aceveda:
- His girl looked like Danny with her hair blonde

- He's a PAYING client. That was established upfront.

- He's is a cop now? He told his girl that and they showed him being a cop in the next episode. Why run for city council if you want to get dirty???

Miscellaneous:
- I don't understand Antoine's right hand. All he had to do was tell Shane that everybody knows that he and Army took him from the house and that would probably be his ass. Whether he's dead or not doesn't even matter.

- Why couldn't Vick just shoot Shane? And where's Tayvon!!??

- I see what the captain is trying to do, but that's just crazy...especially if folks are already pissed at you. At first I thought it was one of the seized properties...or is it?

- Kinda corny, but I'm glad to see Dutch and Claudette getting along again.
23574, RE: Observations (5/3)
Posted by Rajeniro757, Wed May-04-05 12:11 PM
>Aceveda:
> - His girl looked like Danny with her hair blonde
>yeah she did and she is gonna get him into some shit
> - He's a PAYING client. That was established upfront.
>yeah but that rape stuff got to his head. He wants to dominate shit now. his word"No one comes first but me" He is gonna get into a lot of shit and probably end up back as a chief in another county his political career is finished.
> - He's is a cop now? He told his girl that and they showed
>him being a cop in the next episode. Why run for city council
>if you want to get dirty???
>Like i said that rape really messed with his head he don't care anymore. He is power hungry , he wants to get Vic and anyone who crosses him.
>Miscellaneous:
> - I don't understand Antoine's right hand. All he had to do
>was tell Shane that everybody knows that he and Army took him
>from the house and that would probably be his ass. Whether
>he's dead or not doesn't even matter.
He knew shane was desperate and liable to do anything, thats why i didn't see why shane left him alive. Shane never was going to kill Vic so Antione was gonna have to make a move. Mexican dude knew that and thats why he shot homeboy.
>
> - Why couldn't Vick just shoot Shane? And where's
>Tayvon!!??
>He loves shane that's like his brother. He doesn't agree with everything Shane does but he would never kill him unless it meant saving his own life.
> - I see what the captain is trying to do, but that's just
>crazy...especially if folks are already pissed at you. At
>first I thought it was one of the seized properties...or is
>it?
I think it is seized property and yes she is crazy. Thats why Vic organized a watch for her behind her back.
>
> - Kinda corny, but I'm glad to see Dutch and Claudette
>getting along again.
yeah even though he gonna get his teeth stumped out by Vic for messing with his wife.
23575, RE: Official 'The Shield' Season 4 Post
Posted by Numba_33, Wed May-04-05 02:10 PM
I hope the fact that Glenn Close's character has no man or
kids living with her means the show won't delve into a
storyline of her life outside the office. And that scene with
Vic and Danny in the car was dumb as hell, unless of course it
is going to be used to progress a future storyline, and of
course drop it for no good reason.

Listening to one of the commentaries for Season Three, I
recently learned that the woman that plays Vic's wife is Shawn
Ryan's wife. For those that don't know, he's the guy that
created the show and has or at least had his head shaved
similar to Vic when I peeped the extra content on Season One's
DVDs.
23576, I'd still pop Shane in the sholder
Posted by spenzalii, Wed May-04-05 02:53 PM
Just for being a dumbass and even contemplating that shit. Then maybe I'd help. But you best believe shit will go south once Lem catches word of this.

A agree about 'Toine's 1st man. He's dead, no question.. Even if he does tell Antoine what the cops have planned, he's thru. And Armey is a dumbass, too. 'It was an accident'. Comedy, I tell you.

Having IAD on Vic's team is going to be interesting. I'd like to see what else from his past comes out before this is all over. And him giving his wife 15 large? Probably not the best idea in the world.

Danny just couldn't wait to give Vic the panties, I see. That's not going anywhere. I see Vic and his estranged (they haven't quite got the divorce yet, have they?) wife get back together, after Vic beats the shit out of Dutch.

And Aceveda? What a bitch. He's gonna catch it sooner rather than later. How you gonna be jealous of a hooker's clients? And you have a wife? And you're on the city council? Man, it's gonna get bad for him, quick. I couldn't tell if she was in acting mode or not at first. But once she hit the 'You're too big' line, it was over for me. More comedy.

Now, 2 weeks before the next show. That sux.
23577, RE: I'd still pop Shane in the sholder
Posted by Shaun_G, Wed May-04-05 03:06 PM

>
>Having IAD on Vic's team is going to be interesting. I'd like
>to see what else from his past comes out before this is all
>over.

So is everyone on the strike team going to know this new guy is IAD? I can't believe he's going to be "undercover".

Shaun G.

23578, Well with no Gilroy they won't be able to tell for sure
Posted by DubSpt, Fri May-06-05 12:45 AM
But at the same time it shouldn't matter too much cause look how Tayvon never really got in with them and he was there for a while. Besides, Shane is the one fucking up right now, not Vic, so if anything IAD will clench his ass. Of course, now that Vic and Shane are friends again Vic might start acting crazy again and then he would have problems. The second half of the season better have a lot of Julian too or I'm gonna be mad.
23579, Julian is a bitch...
Posted by DjarchieOne, Wed May-11-05 06:56 PM
He always has been. Least favorite character on The Shield. Just when it looks like he got nuts (pause), he shrivles up like a little girl.

"I've been known to keep bitches sucking dick like newborns with a pacifier" -- Brain Hussla
23580, Julian has always been a personal fave
Posted by DubSpt, Wed May-11-05 07:07 PM
But a lot of times I judge characters by how much I would enjoy playing them, and because of that I really think Julian, Aceveda, and Claudette are three of the best characters for an actor on that show.
23581, Tayvon was my fave...
Posted by DjarchieOne, Wed May-11-05 07:38 PM
They did homie dirty though. I actually did start to like Julian when it looked like he learned the program and was ready to actually be a cop, but all of his flip-flopping and just straight up bitchisms really made me not like him. When Vic busted him getting head from his mexican homie, I was laughing my ass off. I just don't like people that are like julian (not the gay thing, but everything else). Stand up like a man or you fall for everything.

"I've been known to keep bitches sucking dick like newborns with a pacifier" -- Brain Hussla
23582, Iono I still like Shane regardless of his bullshit.....
Posted by LA2Philly, Wed May-04-05 10:09 PM
Duke has always been Mackey's right hand man and this shit about to go down with Antoine....cant wait for that shit to finally start up. It's def gon be interesting to see the interactions between Lem and Shane along with that IAD cat. Plus I really wanted to sock Aceveda's bitch ass today.....hate that fucker.
23583, never forgive him 4 what happened 2 Tayvon dude still in a comma
Posted by Rajeniro757, Thu May-05-05 10:05 AM
i mean he was cool and shane on his whole racist shit. He all scared Tayvon was gonna take his wingman status he gonna get in a fight and basically cause tayvon to go into a comma.
23584, RE: never forgive him 4 what happened 2 Tayvon dude still in a comma
Posted by nipsey, Thu May-05-05 12:52 PM
>i mean he was cool and shane on his whole racist shit. He all
>scared Tayvon was gonna take his wingman status he gonna get
>in a fight and basically cause tayvon to go into a comma.

Tayvon came out of the coma. There was a scene where Lem went to visit him in the hospital and talked to him. That was the last they showed Tayvon. The actor, Brian White, went to "Second Time Around" on UPN. Since that isht was cancelled, maybe he'll come back to The Shield.

23585, damn i must of missed that episode!
Posted by Rajeniro757, Wed May-11-05 07:22 PM
thats good.
23586, Glenn Close not coming back!
Posted by nipsey, Wed May-11-05 04:07 PM
COP OUT
Glenn Close is turning in her badge on FX's The Shield. As first reported in today's fresh Ask Ausiello, the five-time Oscar nominee has informed producers that she will not be returning for the show's fifth season next year. To be fair, Close only signed on for one season, but given the impact she's had on the show — since her arrival in March, The Shield's ratings have soared 25 percent — there's little room for fairness.

23587, *fingers crossed*
Posted by DubSpt, Wed May-11-05 04:48 PM
I hope that means her character dies at the end, cause that shit would be crazy.
23588, nooo !! who will replace her? they can't go back acerveda
Posted by Rajeniro757, Wed May-11-05 07:19 PM
oh shit maybe they'll keep it in house and Bring up CCH pounder.
We can have a black women running things imagine how crazy that shit would be.
23589, More info
Posted by nipsey, Fri May-13-05 03:05 PM
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|95266|1|,00.html

One and (Probably) Done for Close on 'The Shield'

(Friday, May 13 10:56 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The increasingly rocky tenure of Glenn Close's police captain on "The Shield" won't last a whole lot longer.

Close has decided against doing a second season of the FX series, in part because she doesn't want to be away from her family in New York for months at a time (the show films in Los Angeles). Creator Shawn Ryan, while disappointed not to have the multiple Oscar nominee back, sounds as though he's accepted it.

"We were hoping, early on, that Glenn might return because she digs the show and is enjoying it so much," he tells the Philadelphia Inquirer. "But we knew all along she had only agreed to do one complete season."

Her character, Capt. Monica Rawling, has increasingly found herself at adds with her predecessor, David Aceveda (Benito Martinez), now a city councilman. Aceveda, however, has continued to meddle in the affairs of his old precinct and has butted heads with Rawling over an asset-seizure program she's instituted.

"The Shield" wraps its fourth season Tuesday, June 14. Ryan won't say much about the finale or the circumstances of Close's departure, allowing only that " lot of people in the final episode will end up differently than they began."

He's also holding out hope that he can snag Close for a guest appearance in the future. "She might be in L.A. and want to do two or three days' work," he tells the paper. "Life works in funny ways."

23590, It's coming back tomorrow
Posted by DubSpt, Mon May-16-05 01:13 PM
And in this two week interim I have successfully got my best friend and my sister to be interested in watching it... fun for the whole family!
23591, RE: How many more episodes are there left
Posted by las raises, Mon May-16-05 03:25 PM
for this season?
23592, I'm pretty sure the season finale is 6/14. n/m
Posted by kurlyswirl, Mon May-16-05 03:32 PM

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My diminutive DVD collection: http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=kurlyswirl

I be Scrobblin': http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/TasteeTreat/
23593, I'm pretty sure there are 7 left
Posted by DubSpt, Mon May-16-05 03:35 PM
23594, up for tonight ^^^ n/m
Posted by kurlyswirl, Tue May-17-05 06:06 PM

My diminutive DVD collection: http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=kurlyswirl

23595, They sure know how to drag things out....
Posted by gmltheone, Wed May-18-05 09:16 AM

-------------
"Proactiv moisturizes my situation, preserves my sexy, and helps me do what I gotta do" - P.Diddy

The Game Changes, But The Rules Remain The Same.
23596, RE: yeah, tonights ep was kind of boring
Posted by Ace_ecA, Wed May-18-05 11:03 AM
23597, May 17th
Posted by nipsey, Wed May-18-05 12:43 PM
This episode was a C. It was obviously a transition ep that got us to the interrogation of Antoine and all the stuff about the dead girl coming out. Of course the cops end up dead. Only on the Shield would there be no happy ending. I'm just upset they didn't establish those characters throughout the season so we could have *some* emotional attachment to them. Killing off two random cops is no different than "Yeoman Johnson" beaming down to Omicron Persei 8 with Spock, McCoy and Kirk. Nonetheless, seeing those bodies was still kinda disturbing. Next week it looks like it's going to pop off though.

23598, Not as good as I expected, but still...
Posted by spenzalii, Wed May-18-05 12:56 PM
I can't understand how Aceveda can still play cop. Either he is or he isn't. This crap can't keep going like this.

I still say Shane gets one in the sholder. After that 'cops stick together' bullshit, I'd have slapped him in the hospital just off GP. And Army is going to get cut ear to ear. Unless, of course, 'Toine dumps that on Army to clear Shane and Vic to get his drug ring back on the streets.

90 minutes next week? It better be worth it.
23599, RE: Not as good as I expected, but still...
Posted by Brother_Afron, Wed May-18-05 02:05 PM
>I can't understand how Aceveda can still play cop. Either he
>is or he isn't. This crap can't keep going like this.
>

This Aceveda shit is irking me. In the first season of the Shield it was established that his punk ass rode the desk all the way up to Captain, that's why Vic didn't respect him, now we're supposed to believe he'd pull reserve police duty after he's made Councilman?
23600, RE: Not as good as I expected, but still...
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed May-18-05 03:58 PM

>This Aceveda shit is irking me. In the first season of the
>Shield it was established that his punk ass rode the desk all
>the way up to Captain, that's why Vic didn't respect him

Right! I'd forgotten about that.

, now
>we're supposed to believe he'd pull reserve police duty after
>he's made Councilman?

Mmm-hmm...I think the writers should have come up with a more plausible way to keep Aceveda in the mix.

23601, The previews certainly make it look promising...
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed May-18-05 04:00 PM
Looks like a lot of shit's gonna hit the fan. We shall see...

>90 minutes next week? It better be worth it.

23602, The previews THIS week looked interesting...
Posted by gmltheone, Wed May-18-05 04:21 PM
Aceveda in a uni standing over the bodies of two dead cops? The whole vic and shane story coming to a boil.

It feels like they're stretching 1 show worth of material into a whole month of shows just for sweeps. Which is kind of tough to watch since there is only one storyline.

-------------
Favorites songs of the moment
H2o Gate Blues & Song for Bobby Smith
23603, RE: May 17th
Posted by kurlyswirl, Wed May-18-05 03:56 PM
Of course the cops end up dead.
>Only on the Shield would there be no happy ending. I'm just
>upset they didn't establish those characters throughout the
>season so we could have *some* emotional attachment to them.

Yep, I feel you on this.

> Nonetheless, seeing those bodies was still kinda
>disturbing.

Ugh...what a way to die. :-(

23604, Vic's Back
Posted by SammyJankis, Wed May-18-05 05:00 PM
looks like the old's vic's back. or is he... and this is just gonna lead to captain rawlings leaving. i wonder who is gonna take over for season 5. please don't let aceveda pull double duty.
23605, Marco Polo? that was funny though messed up
Posted by Rajeniro757, Wed May-18-05 05:27 PM
I see people like that at my school. They be walking around rambiling some off the wall shit. It is freaky but they smart as hell.
23606, The Shield renewed for Season 5
Posted by nipsey, Thu May-19-05 03:54 PM
Glenn Close is making a mistake. Why do "movie" stars decide to join a weekly series, then bail after one year because, they want to live in NY with their families, the 14 hour workdays are too long, etc.? Lena Olin said the same kinda isht. Anyway, the show will be back, eff a Glenn Close.

FX Protects 'The Shield' for Another Season
(Thursday, May 19 12:00 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) FX is on the verge of announcing a deal to bring the Emmy-winning procedural "The Shield" back for a fifth season.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, FX is close to ordering up 13 new episodes for the drama, which is still four episodes from completing its latest season. Production won't wrap on the fourth season until June 14.

After losing some of its ratings momentum in its third run, "The Shield" is averaging 3.2 million viewers per week this season, an improvement of roughly 700,000 viewers. Ratings among adults 18-49 are also up.

Series star Michael Chiklis has received two Emmy nominations for his performance as bad boy cop Vic Mackey, winning in 2002. In 2003, Chiklis won a best actor Golden Globe and the series snagged the Globe for best television series, drama. Addition interest has come this season thanks to the addition of Oscar nominated actress Glenn Close.
Just last week, though, it was reported that Close wouldn't be returning for another season, having made it clear to producers up front that she would only commit to one year.

An FX renewal would close a busy week for "Shield" creator Shawn Ryan. On Wednesday (May 18), CBS ordered his drama "The Unit" for a midseason slot.

23607, I'm glad they are knocking it back to 13
Posted by DubSpt, Fri May-20-05 01:55 AM
I love The Shield, but I really feel like this 15 episode season could really have been trimmed down.
23608, Not as good as I hoped, but at least Vick may befinally back...
Posted by LA2Philly, Sat May-21-05 03:19 AM
Hilarious how Aceveda just pops outta nowhere and is a cop all of a sudden...LOL. Someone mentioned it above, but thats a real weak way of getting him involved again. The Vick and Antwan angle gon be interesting, wanna see how rawlings leaves, are they gonna go any more with Julian, Vick and the white cop (dont remember her name) relationship, wanna see what happens with the strike team and how that continues to play out. DEF a transition episode setting up the major Vick storyline.
23609, yo why did they show dutch choking a cat?
Posted by Rajeniro757, Tue May-24-05 09:05 PM
holy shit don't tell me he gonna turnout to be a killer
23610, To relate it back to his description of choking the girl....
Posted by LA2Philly, Wed May-25-05 03:02 AM
Thats how he knows exactly what that dude was thinking and the reactions of the victim....Dutch was in that same situation (the excitement of the struggle) but it was his own cat so a much lesser extent (in most peoples minds at least).
23611, holy shit dutch is killing black girls!!!!!!!
Posted by Rajeniro757, Tue May-24-05 09:33 PM
strangles cats= strangles girls!!!!
23612, holy shit Acerveda finally lost it!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Rajeniro757, Tue May-24-05 09:37 PM
damn
23613, holy shit antwan did do it!!!!!!!! The team is back together and clean!!!!!
Posted by Rajeniro757, Tue May-24-05 10:28 PM
23614, Where do I start?
Posted by nipsey, Wed May-25-05 10:42 AM
1) I find myself saying this every episode. Kinda like everytime I watch "Seinfeld" I end up sayin, "George is an idiot." "Aceveda is out of his mind."

2) But at least this "hoooker" understands him better than his wife. She's a lot more compassionate, that's for sure.

3) Claudette and Dutch in the interrogation room with Cleavon reminds me of Bayless and Pembleton in the box with "The Araber" in Homicide's "Three Men and Adena" episode. Like FranknTim, they used every trick in the book to get a confession out of a man accused of killing a Black girl. And like FranknTim, they were unsuccessful.

4) Speaking of Homicide. Having Antwon Mitchell in the room was like Meldrick and Mikey trying to break Luther Mahoney. We all know how Mikey broke him though.

5) So Antwon's son is a "cum burper"? As Vic so eloquently put it.

6) I don't believe it. Vic finally got out of a situation by telling the TRUTH! It's a novel concept. Maybe the Strike Team will try it in the future.

7) Shane was willing to take one for the team. Lem was right though, they wouldn't even be in that situation if it weren't for Shane in the first place.

8) Overall: This was a good episode. The 90 minute air time allowed them to tell the story but did not slow it down like a 2hour ep would have.

23615, I agree with all these points
Posted by DubSpt, Wed May-25-05 11:17 AM
And would love to point out that Glen Close was COLD in this episode. The only real negative thing I think is that they introduced that undercover guy earlier on in the season but we never felt like he was squeezing Vic at all and now with only three episodes left he is gonna put the squeeze on them? There is no way this season raps up nicely, this is gonna be another "oh shit what happens next" season ender.

ps,
I wish I had loot, I would buy all of the Homicide DVDs.
23616, RE: I agree with all these points
Posted by nipsey, Wed May-25-05 11:29 AM
>And would love to point out that Glen Close was COLD in this
>episode.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. Vic gotta appreciate the way she worked Antwon over, even if it was pushing Antwon closer to playing his own cards. This dude was crying. Eyes all red. She got to him.

The only real negative thing I think is that they
>introduced that undercover guy earlier on in the season but we
>never felt like he was squeezing Vic at all and now with only
>three episodes left he is gonna put the squeeze on them?

I don't even remember him from before. It's nice to know the woman isn't stupid. She's been watching Vic. On the other hand, she missed all this stuff that went down the last couple of days. Guy can't be that good. Plus, she's only looking at the obvious stuff. Stuff that leaves a trail like the seizure loot and the evidence control room. Hopefully the strike team will keep their noses clean. Coming together like Voltron. With Army being the Princess in the Blue Lion. Ronnie is Pidge (sp?)! LOL!

>There is no way this season raps up nicely, this is gonna be
>another "oh shit what happens next" season ender.

With Close not coming back. I anticipate Claudette getting out of the doghouse by helping to bust that serial killer and finally becoming the new Captain of the barn. I think that's the only way they can do it. They really shouldn't bring in another new face. I think they should keep it within the "family".

>
>
>ps,
>I wish I had loot, I would buy all of the Homicide DVDs.

Me too. All I've got is the first set (Seasons 1 and 2). It was a shorter set so it was only about $40.

23617, Favorite line of the show: "...with Junior in the pokey doin DICK."
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed May-25-05 11:32 AM
I cracked the fuck up on that line. I yelled "Coooooold bloodeeeed" (c) Dave as Rick
23618, Nah man, fuck this episode
Posted by Queal Jay, Wed May-25-05 12:40 PM
That shit came together way too easy. They spent all this time piecing this complicated shit and story plots and turns and they bring him in on some bullshit and they break him by bringing up Antwon's gay son? I smell bullshit.

What is angering is that Vic, bitch ass Shane and all these muthafuckas are always 1 inch away from getting caught, only to get out of it everytime. And now Glenn Close's character will do anything to catch criminals too...even break the law? It's hard to get anymore enjoyment out of this show for me. The Strike Team is the biggest bunch of fuckin criminals on the show and they just keep on ridin'.

And it doesn't matter that they got the undercover dude on them, they'll get out of that shit too.

The Shield is beginning to play with my intelligence too much, and I don't like the characters of Vic and Shane or Rawlings enough to be happy that they got away with another one.
23619, RE: Nah man, fuck this episode
Posted by Brother_Afron, Thu Jun-02-05 08:03 PM
It's hard to get anymore enjoyment out of this show for me.
>The Strike Team is the biggest bunch of fuckin criminals on
>the show and they just keep on ridin'.
>

They killed a fellow cop in the first episode, how'd you expect them to play out the rest of the shows?
23620, Dutch is hating life within two episodes
Posted by radin, Thu Jun-02-05 09:39 AM
23621, RE: Official 'The Shield' Season 4 Post
Posted by koreanthought, Sat Jun-04-05 12:12 AM
Yo, how many episodes are there this season? Because the last episode was kind of weak, man. I think the season might've already climaxed with the whole Antwawn trying to get Shane to kill Vic thing. Now we have Africans and the Russian mob tied together to Antwawn putting the hit on the cops? Took a really weird turn...
23622, there are two more episodes; i think someone gets taken out tue.
Posted by Rajeniro757, Sat Jun-04-05 07:30 AM
I mean Shane or Army gotta go.
23623, well
Posted by SammyJankis, Sat Jun-04-05 10:03 PM
glenn close is gone for sure. remember her reference about either something goes or i go, and about losing her because she's too tough on crime. that's her exit. and i belive army is gonna go, probably not going to die off but be transfered.
23624, RE: there are two more episodes; i think someone gets taken out tue.
Posted by koreanthought, Sun Jun-05-05 11:48 AM
The parallels between Bunny Colvin on the third season of the Wire and Glenn Close's character this season are there- both try unorthodox methods and, given the fact Glenn Close is leaving after this season, both will probably fail.

Still, even if Army gets taken out, and, given Glenn Close's departure from the show- unless she gets killed or something- I feel like the climax of the show has already passed. Meaning, I don't think anything coming up will really surprise me. I definitely don't think Shane is going anywhere either...
23625, June 7th
Posted by nipsey, Wed Jun-08-05 01:08 AM
1. Okay, they blew that guy up!!!

2. "You on your knees. With my dick in yo moooowth!"

3. Aceveda's "indiscretion" is coming back to hurt him. Took them long enough. I thought it was another one of those dropped storylines.

4. I knew Aceveda went to Antwon for a little help. He is sneaky!

5. "You would've been balls to face."

6. He shot this dude in the nuts for a wheelchair ramp?

7. "I've got 20 on the geek." "That's even money brother."

8. "Two of our own are dead." That's it. Claudette should be the new captain next year. She's got presence. Plus, with Rawlings leaving, she's the logical choice. She just needs to get out of the DA's doghouse completely before she could get a gig like that.

9. Aceveda just effed up everything. Just to hide his little BJ. That guy actually got him shook. He knows there's no picture because homegirl was trying to tape him. Y he actin' all scared helping Antwon get off?

10. Grade: A- I liked this one a lot better than last week. It had a little bit of everything. A guy blowing up. Strike Team rolling together again. Aceveda being Aceveda. Typical episode.

"Don't Leave Me Alone!" (c) Rasheed "Roscoe" Wallace

23626, Antwon's brother is a stupid motherfucker
Posted by Rajeniro757, Wed Jun-08-05 11:16 AM
how you gonna sit right there tell them exactly what they are doing and give up your brother in the next sentence you say. Why would you go to , not even buy back the chain but, steal the very chain that would connect you to the killing of two cops.
23627, The fucking Aceveda and Juan saga rears its ugly head
Posted by LA2Philly, Wed Jun-08-05 01:17 AM
pun fully intended......I hate that dermabrasion need mofucker. First he pops out of nowhere in uniform, first to find the cats, and then he lets Antwan go because of the infamous BJ (Juan is fucking hilarious though). I really enjoyed this episode though, shit really came together with all the investigations going on, Dutch's fight was fucking dope and he finally grew some balls with Vick's ex....no idea what the rapists wife storyline is there for, giving the amazon looking broad some battle scars i guess (she prob gonna get mad pity sex from Macky for that bullet). I wish I didnt know Glenn didnt resign because its gonna be her getting killed, otherwise I would have guessed someone messed with Lem's hair and he goes crazy on someone ending in a death. Cant wait for next tuesday though....damn, great lead up episode.
23628, LMAO
Posted by kurlyswirl, Mon Jun-13-05 07:30 PM
>I hate that dermabrasion need
>mofucker.

23629, As a whole, this show is starting to dissapoint
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Jun-08-05 12:01 PM
Not in being a bad show, by any means, but by not living up to even 1/2 it's potential. I'll probably do up a post after the whole season is over, but here's some of it in short, and then last night's episode breakdown.

The reason shows like Homicide and The Wire (which we often compare to The Shield, right or wrong) succeeded is because the show also focused on the personal lives of the individuals. In the case of Homicide, I dare say more emphasis was given to how they delt with the job, on and off the clock, more than the job itself. The Shield toys with that, gives us a bit of it, then abandons it to focus on getting Antwoin and crew. True, it may be harder to focus on backstory for so many characters in 13-15 shows, but it can be done better than that. Just look st Julien's storyline. WTF?!? Like I said, I'll break it down more in a seperate post.

Now for last night

So, Antwoin now has deals with Nigerians and the Russians. That's a bit of a stretch. Making him a cold blooded killer and really bad dude was more than enough. This put it a bit over the top for me.

Someone PLEASE tell me what the hell a city councilman does, because Aceveda doesn't seem to do much besides fuck with his old precient, fuck high priced hookers, wear his holloween cop costume and wimper back to his family like everything will be fine. I would rather have the hooker pop back up and wreck his like than the duck sick incident. And even he has to have someone else on teh inside to deal with him, instead of turning to Antwoin. He can't be that damn stupid. Shit, Vic managed to get Armadillo shanked in the cage. It's a convenient way to get Antwoin back in play and write Rawlings out without killing her, but still. Even Acebeda cannot be that stupid.

They wasted too much opportunity with Dutch and Claudette. They could have rode the animosity between then a bit longer. Now it's just like old times, more or less. The only thing Claudette has to do is give Dutch that vexed look every time he does something stuipd. And why the hell is Dutch passing off his work on Danny and Julien? He needed to follow up with the carzy lady. Maybe then he's have got shot in the sholder. Julien should have let her have it.

Strike Team got back together too quick for me. Old friends or not, if someone burnt millions of my dollars, shot one of my witnesses, has a contract put on my head and basically was a dick for months, we won't be joking in the back of any Tahoe any time soon without a beatdown or two.

Did they ever find that body?
Is The Picture out there?
Are Danny and Vic hitting it again, or is it a one show thing?
What is Julien still doing at the barn? And where the hell is his family?
Why isn't Army shot yet?
What happened to the car survelience thing?

These and many other unansered questions will probably remain just that.
23630, good questions at the end of your post
Posted by Snow_Flow, Tue Jun-14-05 02:42 PM
>Did they ever find that body?
>Is The Picture out there?
>Are Danny and Vic hitting it again, or is it a one show
>thing?
>What is Julien still doing at the barn? And where the hell is
>his family?
>Why isn't Army shot yet?
>What happened to the car survelience thing?

Snow_Flow
That's Key Row G!

23631, up for finale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! somebody got to die!
Posted by Rajeniro757, Mon Jun-13-05 06:50 PM
23632, Summary of Season Finale June 14th
Posted by nipsey, Tue Jun-14-05 10:31 AM
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

B
E
L
O
W

54. Ain't That a Shame (edit)
First aired: 6/14/2005

Writer:
Director:
Guest star:

Monica, Vic and the sticke team work together to put Antwon Mitchell back behind bars after his deal with the DEA released him from prison. When Vic reveals his suspicions of David's connection to both Antwon and an inmate's murder, David must protect his political future at any cost. When the murder of an over-protective father leads Claudette and Dutch back to a foster home they had previously investigated, Monica makes an unpopular decision that helps seal her fate.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/nipsey/|My Mu
23633, worst finale ever( spoilers)
Posted by grandmasterfletch, Tue Jun-14-05 10:57 PM
what an anti-climatic ending to a good season. I wanted Lem or Army to get offed. That so called cliffhanger was awful, (IA on to the strike team) and Dutch is all of a sudden down now cause he stopped that douchebag out?Glen Close was decent but I woulda like to see her go out harder than that crying ish!(she should of slapped Antwan around or something)

Any predictions for the next season?

the original fuck face

http://www.myspace.com/2162769
23634, Next season?
Posted by spenzalii, Wed Jun-15-05 12:17 AM
They better start cleaning up some of those loose ends and get the show back on track.

Somehow I think they lost their focus in the middle of the season, and in an effort to get everybody back together again, the writing and the show suffered in the end. The finale didn't have nearly enough punch as any of the other finales. Shit, they could have done that story 3 episodes ago.

My big problem is too many people get off the hook too easy. The strike team is back to blowing eacx other, and the girl's body hasn't been found. Aceveda stirs up a shitstorm and comes out untouched, either from Juan or the hooker he was strangling. Dutch and Claudette are back together again. Julien is still in the barn, having some bullshit makeup with Danny (you know good and well she would leave his ass to hang if he got shot). And all Yeoman Smith, er, Scooby and Carl, get is their badges on the wall at some later date? Come on man. I've seen more compelling cop stories on Sledgehammer.

I will post up my problems with this season later in the week. Feel free to comment.
23635, The Shield lost me three weeks ago.
Posted by Queal Jay, Wed Jun-15-05 10:29 AM
That 90 minute ep was some bullshit. I haven't watched it since. I guess I'll check out the season finale re-air this week.

Like you, I have some problems with this season - which is the first season I made a point to watch faithfully:

The Rawlings character was unbelievable to me. Claudette and Danny are tough at times, but believable. Rawlings was too over the top and having her breakdown at the end doesn't fit in with the tough-bitch-win-at-all-costs persona that they set up all season.

The Antoine story was climaxed far too soon. I've already posted how the loose ends to catching him were tied up way too easy. Not believable at all to me.

The writing this season seemed hell bent to cash in on Glenn Close's star status. In prior seasons, The Shield was all about the ensemble and while Vic Mackey is the central figure, they didn't compromise the story by focusing on him. He was tied to every character in the show. With Rawlings, she was perched on a ivory tower and all of her policies and ideals affected the entire show, but she wasn't really CONNECTED to anybody in the show in a real way. Maybe that was the point, but it ain't feel right to me.

I need to rent the first three seasons to catch all of the episodes that I missed. Maybe if I saw everything I would have felt like this a long time ago. Or maybe The Shield just dropped the ball this season.
23636, You pointed out the key to the season's failure right here...
Posted by mrhood75, Wed Jun-15-05 12:29 PM

>The Rawlings character was unbelievable to me. Claudette and
>Danny are tough at times, but believable. Rawlings was too
>over the top and having her breakdown at the end doesn't fit
>in with the tough-bitch-win-at-all-costs persona that they set
>up all season.

>The writing this season seemed hell bent to cash in on Glenn
>Close's star status. In prior seasons, The Shield was all
>about the ensemble and while Vic Mackey is the central figure,
>they didn't compromise the story by focusing on him. He was
>tied to every character in the show. With Rawlings, she was
>perched on a ivory tower and all of her policies and ideals
>affected the entire show, but she wasn't really CONNECTED to
>anybody in the show in a real way. Maybe that was the point,
>but it ain't feel right to me.

Almost the entire season focussed on Rawlings and the reprucussions of her seizure policy; the Antonie Mitchell stuff was directly related to it. The only side-plots where Dutch messing with the es Ms. Mackey (which was minor) and some stuff about Aceveda and the call-girl which was dropped waaaay too early.

And despite all the attention given to Rawlings this season, I don't feel like I got to know the character at all. What made her tick? Why was she doing any of this stuff? What was her motivation? All the "character development" was all really basic level stuff: she grew up in Farmington and wants to help it; she hates Mitchell because of her old partner. There was no depth to her charcter. They were banking on Glenn Close's star power to make her interesting, and it never clicked.

The season had one great plot twist: Antoine shoots the girl was Shane and Army's guns. But after that happens, they didn't do anything with it, and then resolved the problem without much conflict. Even with the solution, they didn't explore the reprucssions of Army refusing to take the lie detector test.

I'll give this season a B- on the whole. Still better than most of the other shows on TV, but really dissapointing as whole.
23637, Man it was honestly dissapointing for a season finale.....
Posted by LA2Philly, Wed Jun-15-05 01:25 AM
I mean wtf actually happened this season? Everything comes together so easily, and now they are saying that strike team is gonna go down.....considering ALL THE BULLSHIT taht went down this season yet everyone is fine and dandy and homoing on a pool table at the end, what leads me to believe anything real is gonna happen? I called that Glenn would be the one to leave (that someone getting offed bs really aint fool me esp considering how non impactfull this season has been in terms of REAL lasting twists). The ending with the captain was meh.....she cried some tears and had a fucking beer? I mean wtf, give me some more shit, give me some season finale type shit with one of antwans cats hiding in her pad and giving her the lowdown from his d eagle....shit, give me something right? The shit that went down this season was tight, but nothing really long lasting ESP once the strike team got back together (the shane-antwan angle was one of the most compelling ever but they let it die so quick, wtf happened to the dead girl anyways). Considering the endings they have had (the money train!!! and the strike team blowing up last year), this bullshit with that surprise hoe ass CI coming down on VIck is some kibbles and bits shit, its disgusting.

23638, i feel ya
Posted by SammyJankis, Wed Jun-15-05 02:29 AM
every episode before the season finale was better than this episode. we knew glenn close was leaving the series way back in the second week of the season. but i was expecting her to get bumped off. the one thing that got to me though was her firing. it gave me flashbacks. and i'm tired of this whole lets find some shit on the strike team but not do anything about it to keep a cliffhanger for later seasons. just go ahead and let them do the damn dirt, thats why so many of us started wathing the shield in the first place. because it was a show about dirty cops. either their gonna be dirty or gonna be clean and it will just become another cop show.

and another thing. ya'll remember that vic and shane killed a fellow officer in cold blood in the first episode of the first season. it would have been cool to see some reflection on that with this season especially with the death of carl and scoobie and vic's tirade about catching the cop killers.
23639, Season Finale
Posted by nipsey, Wed Jun-15-05 02:11 AM
1) Oooh boy! I thought Lem was gonna catch it. But he handled those fellas though.

2) "Why would I want to look away on this whole weird Juan-Antoine-Aceveda triangle?"

3) Vic's little girl is all grown up. Isn't that sweet?

4) Rawlings gave up her job to take down Antoine. Good for her. Fighting for justice...from the unemployment line.

5) Claudette should become next in line. That would be a great dynamic having Claudette Captain the Barn.

6) Strike Team....BUSTED!!! Poor Lem. All he did was hold on to that guy's dope for collateral. He didn't mean any harm by it. Now he's caught up in a jackpot.

7) Rawlings crying at the end: That was actually touching. She didn't show any vulnerability the whole time she was in the job, but once she lost it, she realized she put her heart and soul into a thankless job.

8) Good job Dutch! Turning down that job! I really wasn't expecting them to ask him.

9) Shane and Lem getting along again.

10) Grade B That was a pretty good episode to me. It tied up the main loose ends. Of course we don't find out about Armey or Danny/Vic but the major points were taken care of. You can't expect the shield to answer all those loose ends though. It ain't their style. It's too much like doing the right thing. I can't wait until next season.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/nipsey/|My Mu
23640, But what if Dutch does end up taking the job
Posted by radin, Wed Jun-15-05 09:37 AM
Haveing to manage Claudette and Vic(potentially while continuing to bone Vics ex) that could make for some good drama