Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectno you haven't
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=22145&mesg_id=22197
22197, no you haven't
Posted by Mynoriti, Mon Feb-21-05 03:34 PM
you've never seen "Do The Right Thing Sucked" thread in here.

you've never seen a "Maclom X sucked" thread in here

you've never seen a "Clockers sucked" thread in here

you've never seen a "Mo Betta Blues" sucked thread in here

i've been here 3 years and I've seen one person...ONE person say Do The Right thing was a bad movie (you know who you are lol).

and when you get into He Got Game, Summer of Sam, Bamboozled, Girl 6.. etc.. yeah, shit gets kind of polarizing

will you find people who don't like some of his movies here? of course. will you find "________ sucked" threads? sure. just like you'll find dissenting opinions about just about any other directors movies. doesn't mean it's the general consensus or that Spike's being unnecessarily picked on.

but like I said in another recent "everyone hates spike" reply, for the most part Do The Right Thing, 25th hour, Mo Better, Crooklyn, Get on the Bus, Malcom X, are almost universally lauded on this board.

some of Spikes fans are just way too sensitive. a few dissenting opinions and folks get in an uproar. (SEE?! SEE?! SPIKE HATE!!!)

Spike's like any other very good director. he's made some great movies, some good movies, some-not-so great, movies, and a couple that sucked.

but he's still gonna go down in history as a master. trust.

relax people

but y'all don't hear me though