Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Loosen your Birkenstocks Volume I
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=22145&mesg_id=22182
22182, RE: Loosen your Birkenstocks Volume I
Posted by REDeye, Mon Feb-21-05 08:48 PM
>I'm not here for a consensus competition.

No, you're here to argue with yourself.

>I *DO* know that a higher percentage of his films receive
>irrational backlashes than any other director. I know he is
>the object of slander more than any other director.

You are here to argue with yourself, because no matter what anyone says about Spike, you make it about this.

Spike's a big man. He doesn't need you to defend him. What does critics hating him have to do with people here not liking She Hate Me?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

But no matter what we say, you'll drag out some links and quotes to suggest that critics don't like him, as if that has anything to do with what we're talking about.

Which is why my above question, the one you duck repeatedly, is a real and valid question.

>Relative to other directors, all my claims are 100% true,
>unless you want to find me the following of people who hate
>Jerry Bruckheimer as much Spike Lee.

And so this is really a dead issue right here. Because I personally know scores of people who hate Bruckheimer, and their hate is way more than vocal and virulent than any hate you see around here for Spike Lee.

>Does any other director get this magnitude of consistent
>hatred for the press?

Who cares? What does this have to do with people like me and others here who like Spike but hate She Hate Me?

>Was the negative coverage of 'Summer of Sam' unwarranted?
>Did it deserve to sweep New York city to the point where I
>was hearing more about his depiction of Italians than I was
>the actual film?

Who gives a shit about Italians in NY? What does this have to do with what we're talking about? Oh, wait, we can only talk about what you want to talk about. My questions are merely rhetorical.

RED
Ora et labora