Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectI found my smile again...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=19616&mesg_id=19652
19652, I found my smile again...
Posted by Improv, Wed Apr-11-01 04:59 PM
I almost had my own broke diary episode yesterday. Went to get my check yesterday and prayed that there were no mess up being that it was my first check from this place. I forgot to "borrow" some money from work for train fare. So all I had was $2. I was able to go and pick up the check, but if that shit wasn't there, I would have nooooo money to get back to work (that means I would be hotstepping from West 42nd Street to East 14th Street.
-Plan #1: see somebody go into the turnstyle and get in right when they do. You know...be all up on them.
-Plan #2: Give a sob story for a buck fifty...
-Plan #3: Hop the train...
-Plan #4: Say my metrocard was fucked

Ahhh being broke...the joy, the horror, the scheming. I know that's not anything even close to what Ang wrote, but I feel ya (Damn the pawn shops and the used CD places for not taking my shit.)

Anyway...onto the book. So far so good. I can't believe she told the New Year's Eve story! Bittersweet comedy. Remind me to never have a piece of any cakes you bake and when I see a broom in your hand, I need to duck.

More when I'm finished (besides an unlimited 7-day metrocard, the book was my first purchase after I cashed my check...at the cash-checking spot. Ahhh the memories from 89-91).

Oh yeah...
Inner bha bha beauty like an oyster...REVOLUTION!

***http://www.NativeMagazine.com : Yeah we're still here***

NYCollective (the final corrections):
Improv!? + Melanism + T510 + DeePhunk + Shinobi Shaw + NazDak + GoodRevDocJ + Kristy + Goldenlotus + Didi + Crystal + TaoPooh + Hot Damali + Gemini + SkipGotSkills + AbdulJaleel + Abacus + MadWriter + Kam4 + Kass + Nesta + JSmooth995 + Atlanta + Wise7 + DreadMedia + Breeze + Girlchild + Trinigalnatty + Black Engineer + Naps + Ish + Atruhead + Stevelove + azucar18 + SienaBlaze + MeAndD7 + GeeNice + BigO + Heavenlei + Mr1989 + Truth + SPEC! + Kwis Inf

Honoraries: Ya-Ya + McFeely + BFNH + Nebbie + Bonamie + Angiee + Wise Is The Name + Apostle + dominutivediva + qtpi6 + mikaela_h + MahoganyB
(if your name isn't here, oh well hahaha)