Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: The Broke Diaries
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=19616&mesg_id=19645
19645, RE: The Broke Diaries
Posted by jrocc, Wed Apr-11-01 11:22 AM
i think the book is really funny. it seems like sometimes, that Ang is long winded, but once it comes together at the end u'll completely understand where she was going. and i love how she strays off the subject sometimes, it's like u're having a conversation w/ her. and u just know that when she says, "don't laugh at me about this...", something mad funny is going 2 happen. i guess what really makes it funny is that i can definitely relate 2 have been broke and being semi-broke at the moment. some highlights from the book...

no panties
wal-mart
new years

and there's really no way i can give anything away. u really have 2 c how she puts things. and i knew that was Arron that did the illustrations. looked like his work. i wonder if he'll incorporate a Stress character into the Boondocks (another book i'm waiting 2 come out). i'm only on page 173 of Broke Diaries so far (just got it yesterday and haven't had a chance 2 just sit and read it all the way thru yet) but i know i've laughed out loud quite a few times. i honestly haven't laughed out loud at a book in a minute. overall, a very good book. definitely work getting. if not 2 support Ang, 2 get a good read and a good laugh.