Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Interesting, not great!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=19175&mesg_id=19204
19204, RE: Interesting, not great!
Posted by Jekyll_Hyde, Sun Apr-01-01 02:31 PM
I think you oversimplify the story. I see at as revenge story full of doublecrosses that makes you wonder what's real and what isn't, who's friend and who's foe, etc. In that sense, it's kind of like "The Usual Suspects", but both are definitely different.

I really liked this movie. I agree, it didn't make me jump for joy, but it's definitely a really good movie that I enjoyed on many levels and would recommend to everyone. I think that Nolan deserves a lot of credit for exploring a real physical disability that not many people know about, and turning it into an interesting story. Not only that, but Nolan uses a story structure that could really hinder the story and makes it intriguing while not getting too confused. I was fully expecting to get lost in this movie, but I was surprised at how easy the film was to follow.

This is definitely the best film to come out in 2001 so far. It's a very good piece of filmamkeing.

Peace