Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn Archives
Topic subjectRE: Question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=19083&mesg_id=19116
19116, RE: Question
Posted by Grand_Royal, Mon Jul-02-01 07:27 AM
My major fault with the movie was the ending. There was alot of realism in the beginning, despite it bein' science fiction. The sista in the meeting at the beginning posed a very important question to the makers of the child Mecha, will a human family return the child's love? The answer is obvious and very disturbing. I think they would have been betta off, givin' the child to a genuinely childless, lonely couple or parent. Haley Joel Osment gave a good performance, but I didn't have a whole lot of sympathy for the character. For the movie to be as long as it was, the ending seemed rushed and messy. I don't see the purpose of a robot programmed to love someone, maybe if the robot learned to be human, like "Millenium Man", but to be programmed to love exclusively is unneccessary. The most unsettling parts of the movie were, the scene, where "David" was frightened and wanted to protect himself at the expense of a human boy, David bein' abandoned, and meeting another Mecha boy in Dr. Hobby's lab, it's all perfect examples of why the experiment was such a bad idea.

"...all these emcees hollarin', they lactose intolerant, they can't touch the cheese"-Beanie Siegel

"I'm like the Gooch, lookin for Arnold Drummond
Walkin with a trenchcoat to part the pump in"-Redman

"I'm like Malcolm with just the X, these bitches think they in love, but it's just the X"-Noreaga

"I'm overwhelmed, as my mind, roams the realm
My eye's the vision, memory is the film"-Killah Priest

"It's Freeway, not Elway, no relation, but I ball like him with a game like him..."-Freeway